130 school students suffer food poisoning
Ahmedabad: Over 130 students of a primary
school in Junagadh district of Gujarat suffered from food
poisoning after participating in mid-day meal today, police
The incident took place in a government-run primary
school of Navadra village, they said.
"Nearly 160 students took the mid-day meal at the school
today, out of which 130 complained of feeling sick," Junagadh
District Development Officer (DDO), Banchhandi Pani told PTI.
"Nearly 103 students have been referred to Veraval civil
hospital, while 16 are getting treatment at Prabhas Patan
primary health centre (PHC) while some have been sent home
after treatment," he said.
According to Bani, the students were served Lapsi
(prepared using wheat flour, sugar and ghee) and potato
Police said samples of the cooked food as well as the raw
material have been sent to the forensic science laboratory at
Junagadh district headquarters for tests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!