14 detained after communal clash in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: 14 persons have been
detained following a clash between two groups in Jamalpur area
of the city today, police said.
The incident occurred in Jamalpur area where groups
belonging to two communities came out on the road following a
dispute over a petty issue and started pelting stones at each
other this morning, they said.
According to police, three tear gas shells were fired to
disperse the crowd which got violent.
Seven persons from each of the two communities have been
detained for rioting and further investigation in the matter
was on, police said, adding situation in the area was normal
Those who sustained minor injuries were discharged from
the hospital after first aid, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- 'Madaari' grosses Rs 4.45 crore worldwide on opening day
- One jawan martyred as Army foils infiltration bid in Kupwara, curfew lifted from parts of Valley
- 'Casino Royale' actress Caterina Murino was sleepless over rape cases in India
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!
- India-Bangladesh border will be secured, says Assam CM Sonowal