14 detained after communal clash in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: 14 persons have been
detained following a clash between two groups in Jamalpur area
of the city today, police said.
The incident occurred in Jamalpur area where groups
belonging to two communities came out on the road following a
dispute over a petty issue and started pelting stones at each
other this morning, they said.
According to police, three tear gas shells were fired to
disperse the crowd which got violent.
Seven persons from each of the two communities have been
detained for rioting and further investigation in the matter
was on, police said, adding situation in the area was normal
Those who sustained minor injuries were discharged from
the hospital after first aid, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi raps Kerala for its policy on stray dogs
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!
- Usher announces new album 'Hard II Love'
- US to look for opportunities to advance India's NSG bid: Barack Obama