14 detained after communal clash in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: 14 persons have been
detained following a clash between two groups in Jamalpur area
of the city today, police said.
The incident occurred in Jamalpur area where groups
belonging to two communities came out on the road following a
dispute over a petty issue and started pelting stones at each
other this morning, they said.
According to police, three tear gas shells were fired to
disperse the crowd which got violent.
Seven persons from each of the two communities have been
detained for rioting and further investigation in the matter
was on, police said, adding situation in the area was normal
Those who sustained minor injuries were discharged from
the hospital after first aid, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP