14 detained after communal clash in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: 14 persons have been
detained following a clash between two groups in Jamalpur area
of the city today, police said.
The incident occurred in Jamalpur area where groups
belonging to two communities came out on the road following a
dispute over a petty issue and started pelting stones at each
other this morning, they said.
According to police, three tear gas shells were fired to
disperse the crowd which got violent.
Seven persons from each of the two communities have been
detained for rioting and further investigation in the matter
was on, police said, adding situation in the area was normal
Those who sustained minor injuries were discharged from
the hospital after first aid, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren