14 detained after communal clash in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: 14 persons have been
detained following a clash between two groups in Jamalpur area
of the city today, police said.
The incident occurred in Jamalpur area where groups
belonging to two communities came out on the road following a
dispute over a petty issue and started pelting stones at each
other this morning, they said.
According to police, three tear gas shells were fired to
disperse the crowd which got violent.
Seven persons from each of the two communities have been
detained for rioting and further investigation in the matter
was on, police said, adding situation in the area was normal
Those who sustained minor injuries were discharged from
the hospital after first aid, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory