15 Gujaratis among those who returned from Iraq
New Delhi: Fifteen of the Indians who returned from Iraq tonight belong to Gujarat and the state government made arrangements for their travel from New Delhi to their home state.
All hailing from Navsari district of Gujarat, they were working with a construction company Al-Rawabi in Kirkuk in Iraq.
They were received by senior officials of Gujarat Bhawan at the Delhi International Airport. They were provided with refreshments at the airport and arrangements were made for their air travel to Gujarat via Mumbai, officials said here.
The air fares from Delhi to Gujarat were paid by the state government, they said. The Gujaratis were among Indians being evacuated by India from strife-torn Iraq.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees