15 Gujaratis among those who returned from Iraq
New Delhi: Fifteen of the Indians who returned from Iraq tonight belong to Gujarat and the state government made arrangements for their travel from New Delhi to their home state.
All hailing from Navsari district of Gujarat, they were working with a construction company Al-Rawabi in Kirkuk in Iraq.
They were received by senior officials of Gujarat Bhawan at the Delhi International Airport. They were provided with refreshments at the airport and arrangements were made for their air travel to Gujarat via Mumbai, officials said here.
The air fares from Delhi to Gujarat were paid by the state government, they said. The Gujaratis were among Indians being evacuated by India from strife-torn Iraq.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living