17 districts in Gujarat declared drought-hit: Nathwani
Vadodara: The Union Government has declared 17 districts in Gujarat as drought-affected, Rajya Sabha MP Parimal Nathwani has said.
These districts are Vadodara, Bharuch, Anand, Kheda, Ahmedabad, Jamnagar, Amreli, Banashkantha, Bhavnagar, Gandhinagar, Junagadh, Kutchh, Mehsana, Patan, Porbandar, Rajkot and Surendranagar, Nathwani said in a statement issued here quoting Harish Ravat, Union Minister of Water Resources.
The Ministry of Agriculture has declared 85 districts in the country as drought-affected during 2012-13 due to shortage of rain, he said.
"Out of the total, 17 districts are in Gujarat. 26 districts in Karnataka, four districts in Kerala, 16 in Maharashtra and 12 in Rajasthan have been declared as drought-hit," Nathwani added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth