17 districts in Gujarat declared drought-hit: Nathwani
Vadodara: The Union Government has declared 17 districts in Gujarat as drought-affected, Rajya Sabha MP Parimal Nathwani has said.
These districts are Vadodara, Bharuch, Anand, Kheda, Ahmedabad, Jamnagar, Amreli, Banashkantha, Bhavnagar, Gandhinagar, Junagadh, Kutchh, Mehsana, Patan, Porbandar, Rajkot and Surendranagar, Nathwani said in a statement issued here quoting Harish Ravat, Union Minister of Water Resources.
The Ministry of Agriculture has declared 85 districts in the country as drought-affected during 2012-13 due to shortage of rain, he said.
"Out of the total, 17 districts are in Gujarat. 26 districts in Karnataka, four districts in Kerala, 16 in Maharashtra and 12 in Rajasthan have been declared as drought-hit," Nathwani added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot