17 districts in Gujarat declared drought-hit: Nathwani
Vadodara: The Union Government has declared 17 districts in Gujarat as drought-affected, Rajya Sabha MP Parimal Nathwani has said.
These districts are Vadodara, Bharuch, Anand, Kheda, Ahmedabad, Jamnagar, Amreli, Banashkantha, Bhavnagar, Gandhinagar, Junagadh, Kutchh, Mehsana, Patan, Porbandar, Rajkot and Surendranagar, Nathwani said in a statement issued here quoting Harish Ravat, Union Minister of Water Resources.
The Ministry of Agriculture has declared 85 districts in the country as drought-affected during 2012-13 due to shortage of rain, he said.
"Out of the total, 17 districts are in Gujarat. 26 districts in Karnataka, four districts in Kerala, 16 in Maharashtra and 12 in Rajasthan have been declared as drought-hit," Nathwani added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Bucket list: You must try these things at least once before turning 25!
- 7th Pay Commission: 23.5% hike in salaries, minimum pay increased to Rs 18,000 per month; arrears to be paid this year
- These MPs may become ministers if PM Modi goes in for Cabinet reshuffle - List Inside
- SHOCKING VIDEO of Pampore attack surfaces online; terrorists can be heard firing indiscriminately - WATCH
- 7th Pay Commission: LIVE streaming of FM Jaitley Cabinet briefing