19-yr-old girl found unconscious on roadside in Delhi
New Delhi: A 19-year-old girl was found lying unconscious on the roadside near IIT Gate in south Delhi, police said today.
The girl was spotted by an auto driver around 11.30 PM yesterday.
The clothes of the girl were torn and she had visible injury marks, following which the auto driver called the police. Policemen took the girl to AIIMS Trauma Centre where her condition is said to be stable.
Although there are marks of physical assault on her body, medical tests have ruled out rape, a police official said.
"She is still dazed and there is no continuity in her statements. She has been giving conflicting statements and the sequence of events in the case is also not clear," the official said.
"The girl said she had come to Delhi from Gujarat with a man, but is not able to remember how she ended up at the road," he said.
"She said she is the daughter a `maulana` in Gujarat, but when police called him, he denied knowing the girl," said the official.
Police here has also contacted the local police of the area in Gujarat from where she claimed to hail from to check whether any missing complaint has been lodged in this regard.
A case of kidnapping and causing grievous injuries has been registered at the Vasant Vihar police station.
Things will be clear only after she is hundred per cent fit to give a statement, said the official.
Efforts are on to ascertain the identity of the person who allegedly dumped her there, he said, adding some local vendors were being questioned to check whether they saw anything.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa