2002 Gujarat riots: Order on Zakia Jafri’s plea posted for Dec 26
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: The court of metropolitan magistrate posted the order on the plea of Zakia Jafri, wife of former Congress MP Ehsan Jafri who was killed in 2002 post-Gujarat riots, for December 26. She is contesting against the closure report of SIT which gave a clean chit to the Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in the riots.
After arguments for over five months, the pronouncement of order was earlier deferred on November 28 for December 2.
Ehsan Jafri and 68 other people were killed during in the Gulbarg society massacre during the 2002 post-Godhra riots.
On February 8, 2012, SIT submitted its report clearing Modi’s name in any conspiracy. However, Zakia Jafri protested against the report and filed a petition in April seeking rejection of report and order from court to file chargesheet against Modi and all the others involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre