2002 Gujarat riots: Order on Zakia Jafri’s plea posted for Dec 26
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: The court of metropolitan magistrate posted the order on the plea of Zakia Jafri, wife of former Congress MP Ehsan Jafri who was killed in 2002 post-Gujarat riots, for December 26. She is contesting against the closure report of SIT which gave a clean chit to the Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in the riots.
After arguments for over five months, the pronouncement of order was earlier deferred on November 28 for December 2.
Ehsan Jafri and 68 other people were killed during in the Gulbarg society massacre during the 2002 post-Godhra riots.
On February 8, 2012, SIT submitted its report clearing Modi’s name in any conspiracy. However, Zakia Jafri protested against the report and filed a petition in April seeking rejection of report and order from court to file chargesheet against Modi and all the others involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you