2002 Gujarat riots: Order on Zakia Jafri’s plea posted for Dec 26
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: The court of metropolitan magistrate posted the order on the plea of Zakia Jafri, wife of former Congress MP Ehsan Jafri who was killed in 2002 post-Gujarat riots, for December 26. She is contesting against the closure report of SIT which gave a clean chit to the Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in the riots.
After arguments for over five months, the pronouncement of order was earlier deferred on November 28 for December 2.
Ehsan Jafri and 68 other people were killed during in the Gulbarg society massacre during the 2002 post-Godhra riots.
On February 8, 2012, SIT submitted its report clearing Modi’s name in any conspiracy. However, Zakia Jafri protested against the report and filed a petition in April seeking rejection of report and order from court to file chargesheet against Modi and all the others involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Sensex stays flat after worst fall in four months
- Britain economy strong, can cope with EU exit turmoil: George Osborne
- Brexit unlikely to impact Indian auto component exports: ICRA
- Pakistan teaches its children that 'national identity is to hate someone', says Hina Rabbani Khar
- Record hundred Indian athletes already make cut for Rio Olympics