2002 riot case: Accused slaps another accused in court
Ahmedabad: An accused in the Naroda Patiya
case of post-Godhra riots on Tuesday slapped another accused over
some personal matter, while the court was is session here.
The incident occurred in the special court of judge
Jyotsna Yagnik when a government officer, one of the witnesses
in the case, was deposing on the matter.
While the proceedings were on, one of the accused Dinesh
Marathi slapped another accused Vijay Shetty, seated besides
him, after the later verbally abused the former over some
personal issue thereby interrupting the court proceedings.
Following the incident, Judge Yagnik cancelled the bail
of Marathi and sent him to judicial custody and ordered action
against the duo under section 323 (causing hurt) and 186
(obstructing public servant from discharging public functions)
of the Indian Penal Code.
In Naroda Patiya incident, 95 people of minority
community were killed during the 2002 post-Godhra riots.
Former minister in the Narendra Modi government, Maya
Kodnani, and former VHP leader Jaideep Patel are among those
accused in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday