2002 riot case: Accused slaps another accused in court
Ahmedabad: An accused in the Naroda Patiya
case of post-Godhra riots on Tuesday slapped another accused over
some personal matter, while the court was is session here.
The incident occurred in the special court of judge
Jyotsna Yagnik when a government officer, one of the witnesses
in the case, was deposing on the matter.
While the proceedings were on, one of the accused Dinesh
Marathi slapped another accused Vijay Shetty, seated besides
him, after the later verbally abused the former over some
personal issue thereby interrupting the court proceedings.
Following the incident, Judge Yagnik cancelled the bail
of Marathi and sent him to judicial custody and ordered action
against the duo under section 323 (causing hurt) and 186
(obstructing public servant from discharging public functions)
of the Indian Penal Code.
In Naroda Patiya incident, 95 people of minority
community were killed during the 2002 post-Godhra riots.
Former minister in the Narendra Modi government, Maya
Kodnani, and former VHP leader Jaideep Patel are among those
accused in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'