2002 riot case: Accused slaps another accused in court
Ahmedabad: An accused in the Naroda Patiya
case of post-Godhra riots on Tuesday slapped another accused over
some personal matter, while the court was is session here.
The incident occurred in the special court of judge
Jyotsna Yagnik when a government officer, one of the witnesses
in the case, was deposing on the matter.
While the proceedings were on, one of the accused Dinesh
Marathi slapped another accused Vijay Shetty, seated besides
him, after the later verbally abused the former over some
personal issue thereby interrupting the court proceedings.
Following the incident, Judge Yagnik cancelled the bail
of Marathi and sent him to judicial custody and ordered action
against the duo under section 323 (causing hurt) and 186
(obstructing public servant from discharging public functions)
of the Indian Penal Code.
In Naroda Patiya incident, 95 people of minority
community were killed during the 2002 post-Godhra riots.
Former minister in the Narendra Modi government, Maya
Kodnani, and former VHP leader Jaideep Patel are among those
accused in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!