32 bureaucrats transferred in election-bound Gujarat
Ahmedabad: In a major reshuffle ahead of the Assembly elections, Gujarat government on Saturday transferred 32 bureaucrats including district collectors and district development officers (DDOs) who had completed three-year term.
Avantika S Aulakh, Collector of Anand, was transferred to Bharuch. She replaces Roppwant Singh, who has been appointed as Collector of Valsad district.
Jamnagar Collector Sandeep Kumar has been transferred to Anand to replace Aulakh.
Collector Kutch-Bhuj M Thennarasan has been appointed as Deputy Municipal Commissioner, Ahmedabad. AJ Shah, Collector, Surat replaces Thennarasan.
Of the 32 transferred, 8 officers have been promoted from the Gujarat Administrative Services (GAS) to IAS cadre, while three IAS officers have been promoted to `senior time scale`.
BK Thacker, Secretary, Gujarat State Rural Housing board, Gandhinagar, was promoted and appointed as DDO, Dangs-Ahwa.
Similarly, Deputy Municipal Commissioner, Ahmedabad, MS Patel was transferred and appointed as DDO Banaskantha-Palanpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- GST Bill: World knows which party is running away from debate in Parliament, says PM Modi
- Watch: Salman Khan's 'Sultan' title track packs quite a punch!
- Three candidates interviewed for SBI's MD post
- Awards are an inspiration to work harder: Amaal Mallik
- Former Real Madrid Galactico Michel Salgado signs for the Premier Futsal league