32 bureaucrats transferred in election-bound Gujarat
Ahmedabad: In a major reshuffle ahead of the Assembly elections, Gujarat government on Saturday transferred 32 bureaucrats including district collectors and district development officers (DDOs) who had completed three-year term.
Avantika S Aulakh, Collector of Anand, was transferred to Bharuch. She replaces Roppwant Singh, who has been appointed as Collector of Valsad district.
Jamnagar Collector Sandeep Kumar has been transferred to Anand to replace Aulakh.
Collector Kutch-Bhuj M Thennarasan has been appointed as Deputy Municipal Commissioner, Ahmedabad. AJ Shah, Collector, Surat replaces Thennarasan.
Of the 32 transferred, 8 officers have been promoted from the Gujarat Administrative Services (GAS) to IAS cadre, while three IAS officers have been promoted to `senior time scale`.
BK Thacker, Secretary, Gujarat State Rural Housing board, Gandhinagar, was promoted and appointed as DDO, Dangs-Ahwa.
Similarly, Deputy Municipal Commissioner, Ahmedabad, MS Patel was transferred and appointed as DDO Banaskantha-Palanpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof