48 fishermen released by Pakistan to reach Gujarat on Wednesday
Vadodara: The 48 fishermen released from Pakistani jails will arrive here on Wednesday night, a top state official said.
"A team of officials from Gujarat Fisheries Department has gone to Wagah border and received their custody," the official said.
The fishermen will leave Amritsar tonight by the Mumbai- bound Golden Temple Express train.
After a halt at Vadodara, they will leave for Veraval in coastal Gujarat, their native area.
The Pakistan government yesterday released 48 Indian fishermen as a goodwill gesture, following President Asif Ali Zardari`s announcement on Saturday that all Indian fishermen in Pakistani jails, including those who are yet to complete their prison terms, would be freed.
Zardari made the announcement during External Affairs Minister S M Krishna`s visit to Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi