48 fishermen released by Pakistan to reach Gujarat on Wednesday
Vadodara: The 48 fishermen released from Pakistani jails will arrive here on Wednesday night, a top state official said.
"A team of officials from Gujarat Fisheries Department has gone to Wagah border and received their custody," the official said.
The fishermen will leave Amritsar tonight by the Mumbai- bound Golden Temple Express train.
After a halt at Vadodara, they will leave for Veraval in coastal Gujarat, their native area.
The Pakistan government yesterday released 48 Indian fishermen as a goodwill gesture, following President Asif Ali Zardari`s announcement on Saturday that all Indian fishermen in Pakistani jails, including those who are yet to complete their prison terms, would be freed.
Zardari made the announcement during External Affairs Minister S M Krishna`s visit to Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?