48 fishermen released by Pakistan to reach Gujarat on Wednesday
Vadodara: The 48 fishermen released from Pakistani jails will arrive here on Wednesday night, a top state official said.
"A team of officials from Gujarat Fisheries Department has gone to Wagah border and received their custody," the official said.
The fishermen will leave Amritsar tonight by the Mumbai- bound Golden Temple Express train.
After a halt at Vadodara, they will leave for Veraval in coastal Gujarat, their native area.
The Pakistan government yesterday released 48 Indian fishermen as a goodwill gesture, following President Asif Ali Zardari`s announcement on Saturday that all Indian fishermen in Pakistani jails, including those who are yet to complete their prison terms, would be freed.
Zardari made the announcement during External Affairs Minister S M Krishna`s visit to Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic