50-year-old woman beaten to death, four booked
Vadodara: A 50-year-old woman was allegedly beaten to death by four persons, including two women, when she tried to save her son from their attack over a minor issue at a village near here, police said.
One Madhuben Goel died in the incident, when she went to save her son Ashok from the attack of four persons in Tundel village in Nadiad taluka on Saturday night, they said.
According to police, a case of murder has been registered against one Bhagwan Gohil and his wife Kailasben, Mahesh Parmar and his wife Sajjanben following complaint by Ashok, who is an autorickshaw driver.
The four had started beating Ashok, after the light coming from the headlamp of his autorikshaw fell inside their houses at night, when his vehicle was passing by.
When his mother saw that Ashok was being beaten, she intervened in the matter and tried to save him from the attack. However, the two couples then started beating her. Later, she was rushed to a hospital, where she was declared brought dead.
Further investigations are on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda