50-year-old woman beaten to death, four booked
Vadodara: A 50-year-old woman was allegedly beaten to death by four persons, including two women, when she tried to save her son from their attack over a minor issue at a village near here, police said.
One Madhuben Goel died in the incident, when she went to save her son Ashok from the attack of four persons in Tundel village in Nadiad taluka on Saturday night, they said.
According to police, a case of murder has been registered against one Bhagwan Gohil and his wife Kailasben, Mahesh Parmar and his wife Sajjanben following complaint by Ashok, who is an autorickshaw driver.
The four had started beating Ashok, after the light coming from the headlamp of his autorikshaw fell inside their houses at night, when his vehicle was passing by.
When his mother saw that Ashok was being beaten, she intervened in the matter and tried to save him from the attack. However, the two couples then started beating her. Later, she was rushed to a hospital, where she was declared brought dead.
Further investigations are on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city