50-year-old woman beaten to death, four booked
Vadodara: A 50-year-old woman was allegedly beaten to death by four persons, including two women, when she tried to save her son from their attack over a minor issue at a village near here, police said.
One Madhuben Goel died in the incident, when she went to save her son Ashok from the attack of four persons in Tundel village in Nadiad taluka on Saturday night, they said.
According to police, a case of murder has been registered against one Bhagwan Gohil and his wife Kailasben, Mahesh Parmar and his wife Sajjanben following complaint by Ashok, who is an autorickshaw driver.
The four had started beating Ashok, after the light coming from the headlamp of his autorikshaw fell inside their houses at night, when his vehicle was passing by.
When his mother saw that Ashok was being beaten, she intervened in the matter and tried to save him from the attack. However, the two couples then started beating her. Later, she was rushed to a hospital, where she was declared brought dead.
Further investigations are on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Youth arrested from Parbhani for suspected ISIS links
- Shocking! UP man caught having sexual relationship with 140 women, which includes lady police officer - READ
- Do not intervene in South China Sea dispute: China tells Japan
- Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli steps down
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal