50-year-old woman beaten to death, four booked
Vadodara: A 50-year-old woman was allegedly beaten to death by four persons, including two women, when she tried to save her son from their attack over a minor issue at a village near here, police said.
One Madhuben Goel died in the incident, when she went to save her son Ashok from the attack of four persons in Tundel village in Nadiad taluka on Saturday night, they said.
According to police, a case of murder has been registered against one Bhagwan Gohil and his wife Kailasben, Mahesh Parmar and his wife Sajjanben following complaint by Ashok, who is an autorickshaw driver.
The four had started beating Ashok, after the light coming from the headlamp of his autorikshaw fell inside their houses at night, when his vehicle was passing by.
When his mother saw that Ashok was being beaten, she intervened in the matter and tried to save him from the attack. However, the two couples then started beating her. Later, she was rushed to a hospital, where she was declared brought dead.
Further investigations are on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’