50-year-old woman beaten to death, four booked
Vadodara: A 50-year-old woman was allegedly beaten to death by four persons, including two women, when she tried to save her son from their attack over a minor issue at a village near here, police said.
One Madhuben Goel died in the incident, when she went to save her son Ashok from the attack of four persons in Tundel village in Nadiad taluka on Saturday night, they said.
According to police, a case of murder has been registered against one Bhagwan Gohil and his wife Kailasben, Mahesh Parmar and his wife Sajjanben following complaint by Ashok, who is an autorickshaw driver.
The four had started beating Ashok, after the light coming from the headlamp of his autorikshaw fell inside their houses at night, when his vehicle was passing by.
When his mother saw that Ashok was being beaten, she intervened in the matter and tried to save him from the attack. However, the two couples then started beating her. Later, she was rushed to a hospital, where she was declared brought dead.
Further investigations are on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks