51 school kids hospitalised after consuming mid-day meal in Gujarat
At least 51 students of Lolpura primary school in Kanvadi village in Anand district were hospitalised due to food poisoning, after they consumed school mid-day meals on Wednesday, officials said.
Anand: At least 51 students of Lolpura primary school in Kanvadi village in Anand district were hospitalised due to food poisoning, after they consumed school mid-day meals on Wednesday, officials said.
"51 students were hospitalised due to food poisoning at Lolpura primary school in Kanvadi village today," H M Waghela of the Community Health Centre (CHC) at Anklav tehseel said.
"The students fell ill after they ate their mid-day meal. They were rushed to the hospital by school authorities," Waghela said.
"After consuming mid-day meal today, around 29 kids felt dizzy and developed gastronomical problems. So the school authorities took them to the CHC," Waghela said.
Soon after the development, 22 other kids also complained about the same problems and they too were rushed to the CHC, Waghela said.
Deputy Collector Bhavna Barad, who is in-charge of the mid-day meal scheme, has begun a probe into the incident.
"Around 29 students were discharged after being given treatment, while 22 students are still under observation at the CHC," Barad said, adding that none of the children are critical.
"Food and water samples from the primary schools have been sent for tests to a government-run laboratory. We will probe the incident and action will be taken against the guilty," Barad said after inspecting the school.