52 Pakistani fishermen released from Gujarat
Ahmedabad/Jamnagar: As many as 52 Pakistani
fishermen, lodged at the Joint Interrogation Center (JIC) in
Bhuj and Jamnagar district prisons, were released today,
The fishermen, who were apprehended by various agencies
from the Arabian sea, have been taken to the Indo-Pak border
at Wagha in Punjab, where they will be handed over to the
Pakistani authorities, they said.
"Twelve fishermen from the JIC in Bhuj were released
and taken to Wagha border today," Kutch SP Wabang Jamir told
They were apprehended after they crossed the
International Maritime Border (IMB) and entered into Indian
waters for fishing over a year ago, he added.
From Jamnagar district prison also 40 Pakistani fishermen
were released and taken to Wagha border to be handed over to
the Pakistani authorities.
According to Jamnagar prison authorities, most of the
prisoners were lodged there since over a year.
The IMB near Gujarat coast is manned by Indian Coast
Guard (ICG) near the Saurashtra coastline, while the Border
Security Force (BSF) takes care of intrusion attempts from the
creek area in Kutch district which shares sea as well as land
border with Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH