52 Pakistani fishermen released from Gujarat
Ahmedabad/Jamnagar: As many as 52 Pakistani
fishermen, lodged at the Joint Interrogation Center (JIC) in
Bhuj and Jamnagar district prisons, were released today,
The fishermen, who were apprehended by various agencies
from the Arabian sea, have been taken to the Indo-Pak border
at Wagha in Punjab, where they will be handed over to the
Pakistani authorities, they said.
"Twelve fishermen from the JIC in Bhuj were released
and taken to Wagha border today," Kutch SP Wabang Jamir told
They were apprehended after they crossed the
International Maritime Border (IMB) and entered into Indian
waters for fishing over a year ago, he added.
From Jamnagar district prison also 40 Pakistani fishermen
were released and taken to Wagha border to be handed over to
the Pakistani authorities.
According to Jamnagar prison authorities, most of the
prisoners were lodged there since over a year.
The IMB near Gujarat coast is manned by Indian Coast
Guard (ICG) near the Saurashtra coastline, while the Border
Security Force (BSF) takes care of intrusion attempts from the
creek area in Kutch district which shares sea as well as land
border with Pakistan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels