53 IAS officers transferred in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Government on Monday transferred 53 IAS officers, most of them Collectors and District Development Officers.
This was the first large-scale transfer of IAS officers since Narendra Modi took over as Chief Minister for the fourth time in December last year.
Ahmedabad District Collector Vijay Nehra has been transferred and appointed Joint Secretary (Law and Order) in the Home Department. He will hold the additional charge of Joint Secretary in the Chief Minister`s Office (CMO), official sources said.
Valsad Collector Rupvant Singh will replace Nehra. Narmada District Collector Milind Torvane has been appointed Joint Secretary (Prohibition) in the Home Department.
Banaskantha Collector M Thenarrasan has been shifted to Ahmedabad as Deputy Municipal Commissioner. Anand District Collector Sandip Kumar has been made Managing Director of Western Gujarat Electricity Company Ltd, they said.
Additional Chief Electoral Officer S Murlikrishna has been transferred and posted as Additional CEO of Gujarat Urban Development Mission. He will also be Joint Secretary in the Urban Development Department, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing