53 IAS officers transferred in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Government on Monday transferred 53 IAS officers, most of them Collectors and District Development Officers.
This was the first large-scale transfer of IAS officers since Narendra Modi took over as Chief Minister for the fourth time in December last year.
Ahmedabad District Collector Vijay Nehra has been transferred and appointed Joint Secretary (Law and Order) in the Home Department. He will hold the additional charge of Joint Secretary in the Chief Minister`s Office (CMO), official sources said.
Valsad Collector Rupvant Singh will replace Nehra. Narmada District Collector Milind Torvane has been appointed Joint Secretary (Prohibition) in the Home Department.
Banaskantha Collector M Thenarrasan has been shifted to Ahmedabad as Deputy Municipal Commissioner. Anand District Collector Sandip Kumar has been made Managing Director of Western Gujarat Electricity Company Ltd, they said.
Additional Chief Electoral Officer S Murlikrishna has been transferred and posted as Additional CEO of Gujarat Urban Development Mission. He will also be Joint Secretary in the Urban Development Department, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest