53 IAS officers transferred in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Government on Monday transferred 53 IAS officers, most of them Collectors and District Development Officers.
This was the first large-scale transfer of IAS officers since Narendra Modi took over as Chief Minister for the fourth time in December last year.
Ahmedabad District Collector Vijay Nehra has been transferred and appointed Joint Secretary (Law and Order) in the Home Department. He will hold the additional charge of Joint Secretary in the Chief Minister`s Office (CMO), official sources said.
Valsad Collector Rupvant Singh will replace Nehra. Narmada District Collector Milind Torvane has been appointed Joint Secretary (Prohibition) in the Home Department.
Banaskantha Collector M Thenarrasan has been shifted to Ahmedabad as Deputy Municipal Commissioner. Anand District Collector Sandip Kumar has been made Managing Director of Western Gujarat Electricity Company Ltd, they said.
Additional Chief Electoral Officer S Murlikrishna has been transferred and posted as Additional CEO of Gujarat Urban Development Mission. He will also be Joint Secretary in the Urban Development Department, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!