53 IAS officers transferred in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Government on Monday transferred 53 IAS officers, most of them Collectors and District Development Officers.
This was the first large-scale transfer of IAS officers since Narendra Modi took over as Chief Minister for the fourth time in December last year.
Ahmedabad District Collector Vijay Nehra has been transferred and appointed Joint Secretary (Law and Order) in the Home Department. He will hold the additional charge of Joint Secretary in the Chief Minister`s Office (CMO), official sources said.
Valsad Collector Rupvant Singh will replace Nehra. Narmada District Collector Milind Torvane has been appointed Joint Secretary (Prohibition) in the Home Department.
Banaskantha Collector M Thenarrasan has been shifted to Ahmedabad as Deputy Municipal Commissioner. Anand District Collector Sandip Kumar has been made Managing Director of Western Gujarat Electricity Company Ltd, they said.
Additional Chief Electoral Officer S Murlikrishna has been transferred and posted as Additional CEO of Gujarat Urban Development Mission. He will also be Joint Secretary in the Urban Development Department, the sources added.
- Karan Johar’s Dharma production hints at first ever love franchise
- India's manufacturing sector growth falls to 4-month low in April
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Four arrested, says Prakash Javadekar
- SC rejects TRAI's plea on IUC case from Gujarat High Court to Delhi HC
- Chairman Hamid Ansari asks TMC MP Sukhendu Sekhar Roy to leave Rajya Sabha – Know why