62 per cent voting in Kathlal by-elections
Kathlal: The elections for the
Kathlal assembly constituency in Gujarat ended peacefully with
over 62 per cent voters casting their votes, District Election
Voting at all the 208 polling stations, including 16
sensitive ones, was peaceful following tight security
arrangements made by the district administration. There were
over 1.65 lakh voters in the constituency.
Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs)at couple of polling
stations had to be replaced as they malfunctioned, officials
The by-elections were necessitated due to death of
Congress MLA Gautam Zala.
The contest for the Kathlal seat has became
competitive with Zala`s son Bharatsinh entering the fray as an
independent candidate after being denied a ticket by the
The BJP fielded Kanu Dabhi against Congress`s
In all, there were seven candidates contesting for the
seat which including five independents.
The counting of votes will take place on September 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?