7 foreign nationals found unconscious near Veraval coast
Rajkot: Seven foreign nationals were found
in an unconscious state in a boat near Veraval coast by the
local fishermen, Indian Coast Guard (ICG) officials said here.
Given their weak physical condition, they have been
admitted to Veraval general hospital for treatment, they said.
Their boat was devoid of food or water and the seven
people claimed they were fishermen from Somaliya and had gone
into the sea near their country for fishing.
They said pirates robbed them on May 24 and damaged
their boat but the fishermen managed to get hold of another
boat which started drifting in the sea and somehow came here.
ICG officials said communication with them is very
difficult as they cannot speak English and they are searching
The fishermen would be interrogated again once they
are declared fit, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional