7 foreign nationals found unconscious near Veraval coast
Rajkot: Seven foreign nationals were found
in an unconscious state in a boat near Veraval coast by the
local fishermen, Indian Coast Guard (ICG) officials said here.
Given their weak physical condition, they have been
admitted to Veraval general hospital for treatment, they said.
Their boat was devoid of food or water and the seven
people claimed they were fishermen from Somaliya and had gone
into the sea near their country for fishing.
They said pirates robbed them on May 24 and damaged
their boat but the fishermen managed to get hold of another
boat which started drifting in the sea and somehow came here.
ICG officials said communication with them is very
difficult as they cannot speak English and they are searching
The fishermen would be interrogated again once they
are declared fit, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US