7 foreign nationals found unconscious near Veraval coast
Rajkot: Seven foreign nationals were found
in an unconscious state in a boat near Veraval coast by the
local fishermen, Indian Coast Guard (ICG) officials said here.
Given their weak physical condition, they have been
admitted to Veraval general hospital for treatment, they said.
Their boat was devoid of food or water and the seven
people claimed they were fishermen from Somaliya and had gone
into the sea near their country for fishing.
They said pirates robbed them on May 24 and damaged
their boat but the fishermen managed to get hold of another
boat which started drifting in the sea and somehow came here.
ICG officials said communication with them is very
difficult as they cannot speak English and they are searching
The fishermen would be interrogated again once they
are declared fit, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured