7 foreign nationals found unconscious near Veraval coast
Rajkot: Seven foreign nationals were found
in an unconscious state in a boat near Veraval coast by the
local fishermen, Indian Coast Guard (ICG) officials said here.
Given their weak physical condition, they have been
admitted to Veraval general hospital for treatment, they said.
Their boat was devoid of food or water and the seven
people claimed they were fishermen from Somaliya and had gone
into the sea near their country for fishing.
They said pirates robbed them on May 24 and damaged
their boat but the fishermen managed to get hold of another
boat which started drifting in the sea and somehow came here.
ICG officials said communication with them is very
difficult as they cannot speak English and they are searching
The fishermen would be interrogated again once they
are declared fit, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter