72 school children suffer from food poisoning in Tapi
Surat: 72 children of a primary school
suffered from food poisoning after drinking milk served under
the mid-day meal scheme in Ucchal taluka of Tapi district here
today, police said.
They said the students, shortly after consuming milk,
complained of vomiting and loose motion, following which they
were rushed to local government hospital.
"Primarily, it is a case of food poisoning after
consuming the milk. We have collected samples of water and
milk and any further action can be initiated only after lab
report is received," Dr Amit Bhambore at the hospital said.
Those whose condition was critical were admitted for
treatment while other children were discharged after primary
treatment, health officials said.
Tapi district health officials said samples of the milk
supplied under the mid-day meal scheme in the school have been
sent to forensic science laboratory for testing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Elderly woman found murdered in Delhi
- IAF's mising AN-32 transporter: Satellites provide pointers, but no signs of aircraft yet
- Harsimrat writes to RS chairman for action on Jairam, Renuka
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs