72 school children suffer from food poisoning in Tapi
Surat: 72 children of a primary school
suffered from food poisoning after drinking milk served under
the mid-day meal scheme in Ucchal taluka of Tapi district here
today, police said.
They said the students, shortly after consuming milk,
complained of vomiting and loose motion, following which they
were rushed to local government hospital.
"Primarily, it is a case of food poisoning after
consuming the milk. We have collected samples of water and
milk and any further action can be initiated only after lab
report is received," Dr Amit Bhambore at the hospital said.
Those whose condition was critical were admitted for
treatment while other children were discharged after primary
treatment, health officials said.
Tapi district health officials said samples of the milk
supplied under the mid-day meal scheme in the school have been
sent to forensic science laboratory for testing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured