72 school children suffer from food poisoning in Tapi
Surat: 72 children of a primary school
suffered from food poisoning after drinking milk served under
the mid-day meal scheme in Ucchal taluka of Tapi district here
today, police said.
They said the students, shortly after consuming milk,
complained of vomiting and loose motion, following which they
were rushed to local government hospital.
"Primarily, it is a case of food poisoning after
consuming the milk. We have collected samples of water and
milk and any further action can be initiated only after lab
report is received," Dr Amit Bhambore at the hospital said.
Those whose condition was critical were admitted for
treatment while other children were discharged after primary
treatment, health officials said.
Tapi district health officials said samples of the milk
supplied under the mid-day meal scheme in the school have been
sent to forensic science laboratory for testing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach