72 school children suffer from food poisoning in Tapi
Surat: 72 children of a primary school
suffered from food poisoning after drinking milk served under
the mid-day meal scheme in Ucchal taluka of Tapi district here
today, police said.
They said the students, shortly after consuming milk,
complained of vomiting and loose motion, following which they
were rushed to local government hospital.
"Primarily, it is a case of food poisoning after
consuming the milk. We have collected samples of water and
milk and any further action can be initiated only after lab
report is received," Dr Amit Bhambore at the hospital said.
Those whose condition was critical were admitted for
treatment while other children were discharged after primary
treatment, health officials said.
Tapi district health officials said samples of the milk
supplied under the mid-day meal scheme in the school have been
sent to forensic science laboratory for testing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Shahid Afridi virtually ruled out of lone T20 against England
- iBerry Auxus 4X with 4GB RAM launched in India at Rs 15,990
- OMG! UP politician calls traffic cop 'gunda' for doing his duty – WATCH Viral Video
- Two dead, seven injured in stampede after fire in Murshidabad hospital
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB