75 Gujarat municipalities to go to polls on Feb 2
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Election Commission on Saturday announced elections to 75 municipalities where voting will be held on February 2.
The election commission also announced by-elections to few seats of other municipalities, which fell vacant due to different reasons.
A notification for the elections will be issued on January 19 and the last date for filing of nomination papers is January 24.
Counting of votes will be held on February 12, an EC officer said.
The municipalities going to polls are spread across 22 districts in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH