75 Gujarat municipalities to go to polls on Feb 2
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Election Commission on Saturday announced elections to 75 municipalities where voting will be held on February 2.
The election commission also announced by-elections to few seats of other municipalities, which fell vacant due to different reasons.
A notification for the elections will be issued on January 19 and the last date for filing of nomination papers is January 24.
Counting of votes will be held on February 12, an EC officer said.
The municipalities going to polls are spread across 22 districts in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev