80 IAS, 19 IPS officials transferred in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: Gujarat government has carried out
a major reshuffle in the state bureaucracy, transferring as
many as 80 IAS officials, including collectors, district
development officers (DDOs) and senior secretaries.
Prominent among those transferred include the longest
serving IAS officer D J Pandian, Managing Director of Gujarat
State Petroleum Corporation (GSPC), who has been made
Principal Secretary energy and petrochemicals while Tapan Ray,
principal secretary economic affairs, has been posted in GSPC
in late last night`s reshuffle.
Principal Secretary Energy S Jagdeesan has been made
Managing Director of Sardar Sarovar Narmada Nigam Ltd (SSNNL)
while present incumbent R K Tripathy has been shifted as
principal secretary agriculture.
Principal Secretary port and transport H K Dash has been
made principal secretary of water supply, while on his
repatriation from the Centre B K Sinha has been posted in
Dash`s place in port and transport department.
B B Swain has been made new industry commissioner while
present incumbent Sujit Gulati has been appointed as
development commissioner in place of Vipul Mitra who has been
shifted as Secretary Tourism.
Joint MD of SSNNL Pankaj Kumar has been appointed as
CEO of Gujarat Maritime Board (GMB) while incumbent Atanu
Chakravarty has been shifted as secretary in the finance
Water supply secretary V S Gadhvi has been sent to
Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation (GMDC) as MD while
director of National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) Mukesh Puri
has been made special commissioner of commercial tax in place
of J P Gupta who has been made commissioner of transport.
CEO of Gujarat Urban Development Company (GUDC) K
Srinivas has been made joint MD of SSNNL while land reforms
commissioner G R Aloria has also been posted in SSNNL as joint
Besides this, collectors of 10 districts, including
Surat, Valsad, Bhavnagar, Panchmahal, Jamnagar, Junagadh,
Kheda, Bharuch and Sabarkantha have been shifted while DDOs of
12 districts have been transferred.
Apart from IAS officials, the state government also
transferred 19 IPS officials yesterday. Prominent among those
who have been transferred are Satish Sharma and Atul Karwal,
who have been made Joint Police Commissioner of Ahmedabad
sector I & II respectively and Ashish Bhatia, who has been
posted as IG of Ahmedabad range.
Additional DGP Kuldeep Sharma has been made Managing
Director of Gujarat Sheep and Woollen Development Board while
Chitaranjan Singh has been appointed as director of Anti
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi