90,000 houses allotted to slum dwellers in 2 yrs: Minister
Vadodara: Ninety thousand houses have been allotted to slum dwellers here in two years, Gujarat Urban Development Minister Anandiben Patel today.
The houses, which are constructed on private land, government land and land acquired under the Urban Land Ceiling Act, have all facilities, the minister said while laying the foundation stone of an affordable housing scheme in the city today.
She appealed to the allotees to occupy the houses themselves and not sell or rent them to others.
Such houses are being constructed in the municipal corporation areas of Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat, Rajkot, Jamnagar, Bhavnagar, Junagadh and Gandhinagar, she said.
Gujarat Energy Minister Saurabh Patel said the state government will try to provide houses to 2.5 crore people staying in urban areas of the state.
Meanwhile, Narendra Ravat, president of the city unit of the Congress and a large number of party workers were arrested by the police today for holding a demonstration demanding publication of the Manjula Subramanium Committee report on the collapse of the twin buildings in Madhavnagar in the city on August 28, claiming 11 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video