Aakash tablets sent to Narendra Modi returned
New Delhi: The squabble between Kapil Sibal and Narendra Modi over the low-cost Aakash tablet refused to end with the Gujarat chief minister returning two such devices sent to him by the Union HRD minister for his feedback.
According to sources in the HRD Ministry, the advanced version Aakash II tablets, sent a few days ago to Modi, came back undelivered.
Now the ministry is planning to courier the tablets to the Modi.
As a matter of fact, the Ministry is planning to sent Aakash tablets to all state chief ministers for their feedback about their efficacy.
Stung by Narendra Modi`s remarks on delay in delivery of Aakash tablets, Sibal had sent him the two pieces along with a letter requesting him to keep education away from politics.
"... Your statement has disappointed me. Education is a collaborative venture beyond the pale of politics and we need to work together in the best interest of the children of the country," Sibal wrote in his letter to Modi sent along with the devices on September 26.
"We have sent the devices to the chief minister. He lives in netherworld, I have shown him on land that Aakash is in your hand," he had told reporters then.
Modi had earlier said that the much-hyped Aakash tablets have not come down to earth yet.
"Kash (If only) this Aakash tablet could land on earth, then the lie (promise of free laptops by state Congress) they (Congress) are spreading now would hold some weight," Modi had said.
Noting that the advanced version of Aakash has been developed by IIT Bombay with more applications, Sibal in his letter asked Modi for his feedback hoping "you would be satisfied with the hard work that has been put in by our institutions and our people".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test