`Aam aurat` suffering due to inflation: Modi
Ahmedabad: Taking a dig at the Congress for
being "least bothered" about inflation, Gujarat CM Narendra Modi on Friday said that the `aam aurat` (common woman)
is suffering due to it.
Modi`s criticism comes in the wake of the food inflation
shooting up to 12.21 per cent, with expensive vegetables,
pulses, fruits and milk putting more burden on common man, and
Thursday`s rise in petroleum prices by Rs 1.82.
"Inflation is rising! Congress is least bothered," Modi
twitted on the microblogging site today.
"...as it (Congress) won with promises for Aam Aadmi,
not Aam Aurat...& its women, who are suffering more!" Modi,
who has been time and again taking on the UPA government over
the issue of inflation, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi