`Aam aurat` suffering due to inflation: Modi
Ahmedabad: Taking a dig at the Congress for
being "least bothered" about inflation, Gujarat CM Narendra Modi on Friday said that the `aam aurat` (common woman)
is suffering due to it.
Modi`s criticism comes in the wake of the food inflation
shooting up to 12.21 per cent, with expensive vegetables,
pulses, fruits and milk putting more burden on common man, and
Thursday`s rise in petroleum prices by Rs 1.82.
"Inflation is rising! Congress is least bothered," Modi
twitted on the microblogging site today.
"...as it (Congress) won with promises for Aam Aadmi,
not Aam Aurat...& its women, who are suffering more!" Modi,
who has been time and again taking on the UPA government over
the issue of inflation, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan