AAP lambasts Modi government for shielding PP Pandey
Ahmedabad: Aam Aadmi Party`s national executive member Prashant Bhushan on Saturday slammed the Gujarat government for allegedly shielding absconding senior IPS officer P P Pandey named as an accused in Ishrat Jahan fake encounter killing case by CBI.
"Gujarat`s Additional Director General of Police, the state`s second seniormost police official, is absconding for four months in a fake encounter case and the state government has not initiated any disciplinary action against him," Bhushan said.
"A local court has issued non-bailable warrant against Pandey and still the state government is unable to trace him because the state offers him protection," Bhushan charged.
Lampooning the state police, he said "Gujarat police is so efficient that they can smell the air and generate inputs that terrorists are coming to kill Chief Minister Narendra Modi."
Referring to Maya Kodnani, Babu Bokhiria and Amit Shah, Bhushan said many ministers in Modi-led government were convicted while some were still facing murder charges.
Shah, recently appointed as BJP national general secretary, is facing murder charges in Sohrabuddin Shaikh and Tulsiram Prajapati encounter cases, while Kodnani got life sentence in the 2002 Naroda-Patiya riot case.
"On top of all this, Modi tours the entire country and says Gujarat government is the most efficient government," said Bhushan who was here for a party event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...