AAP lambasts Modi government for shielding PP Pandey
Ahmedabad: Aam Aadmi Party`s national executive member Prashant Bhushan on Saturday slammed the Gujarat government for allegedly shielding absconding senior IPS officer P P Pandey named as an accused in Ishrat Jahan fake encounter killing case by CBI.
"Gujarat`s Additional Director General of Police, the state`s second seniormost police official, is absconding for four months in a fake encounter case and the state government has not initiated any disciplinary action against him," Bhushan said.
"A local court has issued non-bailable warrant against Pandey and still the state government is unable to trace him because the state offers him protection," Bhushan charged.
Lampooning the state police, he said "Gujarat police is so efficient that they can smell the air and generate inputs that terrorists are coming to kill Chief Minister Narendra Modi."
Referring to Maya Kodnani, Babu Bokhiria and Amit Shah, Bhushan said many ministers in Modi-led government were convicted while some were still facing murder charges.
Shah, recently appointed as BJP national general secretary, is facing murder charges in Sohrabuddin Shaikh and Tulsiram Prajapati encounter cases, while Kodnani got life sentence in the 2002 Naroda-Patiya riot case.
"On top of all this, Modi tours the entire country and says Gujarat government is the most efficient government," said Bhushan who was here for a party event.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India