Abandoned bag triggers bomb scare in Gujarat court
Ahmedabad: An abandoned bag found lying in a
court here on Thursday triggered panic in the premises before it was
checked by a bomb squad, police said.
The incident took place in the metropolitan court in
Gheekanta locality when some people spotted the bag in the
premises and alerted the police. It was later revealed that
the bag belonged to an advocate, who had forgotten it there.
"A bomb disposal squad was called on the spot immediately
and the area was cordoned off. The bag was checked but no
explosive material was found from it except for a few papers,"
a senior police official said.
The security in the court has already been stepped up
following the blast in the Delhi High Court and a nationwide
alert sounded by the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP