Abandoned bag triggers bomb scare in Gujarat court
Ahmedabad: An abandoned bag found lying in a
court here on Thursday triggered panic in the premises before it was
checked by a bomb squad, police said.
The incident took place in the metropolitan court in
Gheekanta locality when some people spotted the bag in the
premises and alerted the police. It was later revealed that
the bag belonged to an advocate, who had forgotten it there.
"A bomb disposal squad was called on the spot immediately
and the area was cordoned off. The bag was checked but no
explosive material was found from it except for a few papers,"
a senior police official said.
The security in the court has already been stepped up
following the blast in the Delhi High Court and a nationwide
alert sounded by the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...