Abandoned bag triggers bomb scare in Gujarat court
Ahmedabad: An abandoned bag found lying in a
court here on Thursday triggered panic in the premises before it was
checked by a bomb squad, police said.
The incident took place in the metropolitan court in
Gheekanta locality when some people spotted the bag in the
premises and alerted the police. It was later revealed that
the bag belonged to an advocate, who had forgotten it there.
"A bomb disposal squad was called on the spot immediately
and the area was cordoned off. The bag was checked but no
explosive material was found from it except for a few papers,"
a senior police official said.
The security in the court has already been stepped up
following the blast in the Delhi High Court and a nationwide
alert sounded by the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert