Abandoned bag triggers bomb scare in Gujarat court
Ahmedabad: An abandoned bag found lying in a
court here on Thursday triggered panic in the premises before it was
checked by a bomb squad, police said.
The incident took place in the metropolitan court in
Gheekanta locality when some people spotted the bag in the
premises and alerted the police. It was later revealed that
the bag belonged to an advocate, who had forgotten it there.
"A bomb disposal squad was called on the spot immediately
and the area was cordoned off. The bag was checked but no
explosive material was found from it except for a few papers,"
a senior police official said.
The security in the court has already been stepped up
following the blast in the Delhi High Court and a nationwide
alert sounded by the Centre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport