Abandoned bag triggers bomb scare in Gujarat court
Ahmedabad: An abandoned bag found lying in a
court here on Thursday triggered panic in the premises before it was
checked by a bomb squad, police said.
The incident took place in the metropolitan court in
Gheekanta locality when some people spotted the bag in the
premises and alerted the police. It was later revealed that
the bag belonged to an advocate, who had forgotten it there.
"A bomb disposal squad was called on the spot immediately
and the area was cordoned off. The bag was checked but no
explosive material was found from it except for a few papers,"
a senior police official said.
The security in the court has already been stepped up
following the blast in the Delhi High Court and a nationwide
alert sounded by the Centre.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan