Abductor of two boys arrested, sent to police custody
Vadodara: A man involved in the kidnapping of two young boys from Gadhchundadi village of Godhra taluka in neighbouring Panchmahal district, has been arrested and sent to two days` police custody.
Accused Sonu Dayal Jethwani was held yesterday from Gadh Chundadi village and later produced in a Godhra court, police sub inspector S Rathwa said.
Both kidnapped boys Shailesh Patel (8) and his cousin brother Sunil Patel (10) were found from Pichhadiya village of Virpur taluka in Saurashtra and Sayla village of Surendranagar district within couple of days after their kidnapping on May 17. Jethvani had been evading arrest since then.
Jethvani told the police during interrogation that he had abducted both of them after a dispute with Dilipsinh N Patel, father of Shailesh on a financial matter.
The accused after selling his house in Godhra, had been staying with Dilipbhai in the village as he had developed friendship with him.
He allegedly abducted both these young boys from home on May 17 on the pretext of taking them on his mobike for a ride after a dispute. He however, did not return home following which a complaint was lodged.
Jethwani left Shailesh at Pichhadiya village on his way to Porbandar on May 17 and Sunil in Sayla village in Surendranagar district on May 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read