Absconding accused in Soharabuddin case files for bail in HC
Ahmedabad: One of the accused in
Soharabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case, Yashpal Chudasama has filed for anticipatory bail in the Gujarat High Court.
High court justice R S Shukla admitted the
anticipatory bail application of Chudasama and has kept
further hearing of the case on September 13.
In the last week of August, Special CBI judge G K
Upadhyay had rejected application of Chudasama saying that
since a non-bailable warrant was pending against him in serious offence and his application for anticipatory bail cannot be entertained.
Chudasama, a close aide of Shah and also office bearer
of Ahmedabad District Cooperative (ADC) bank, has been
absconding after his name appeared in the chargesheet filed by
CBI in the case.
According to the chargesheet filed by CBI, Amit Shah
directed Chudasama and another accused to "convince, coerce,
threaten, influence the witnesses on his behalf to conceal the
truth from CBI about the fake encounter of Sohrabuddin."
Chudasama had actively participated in the main
conspiracy and the crime committed in furtherance to the
conspiracy, the chargesheet has said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed