Absconding accused in Soharabuddin case files for bail in HC
Ahmedabad: One of the accused in
Soharabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case, Yashpal Chudasama has filed for anticipatory bail in the Gujarat High Court.
High court justice R S Shukla admitted the
anticipatory bail application of Chudasama and has kept
further hearing of the case on September 13.
In the last week of August, Special CBI judge G K
Upadhyay had rejected application of Chudasama saying that
since a non-bailable warrant was pending against him in serious offence and his application for anticipatory bail cannot be entertained.
Chudasama, a close aide of Shah and also office bearer
of Ahmedabad District Cooperative (ADC) bank, has been
absconding after his name appeared in the chargesheet filed by
CBI in the case.
According to the chargesheet filed by CBI, Amit Shah
directed Chudasama and another accused to "convince, coerce,
threaten, influence the witnesses on his behalf to conceal the
truth from CBI about the fake encounter of Sohrabuddin."
Chudasama had actively participated in the main
conspiracy and the crime committed in furtherance to the
conspiracy, the chargesheet has said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?