Absconding accused in Sohrab case files anticipatory bail plea
Ahmedabad: One of the absconding accused in
Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter killing case on Friday
approached a special CBI court here for anticipatory bail.
Ajay Patel, a close associate of former Gujarat minister
Amit Shah arrested in the case, has applied for anticipatory
bail in the special CBI court of Justice G K Upadhyay.
The court will hear the case on August 19.
Patel, chairman of the Ahmedabad District Cooperative
Bank, is accused by CBI of threatening witnesses.
The court has earlier issued a warrant against Patel, who
is absconding since his name appeared in the chargesheet.
CBI has arrested Shah on charges of murder, kidnapping
and extortion in the fake Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case
and murder of his wife Kausarbi.
The Supreme Court yesterday gave three months time to CBI
to complete investigations in the case in which four IPS
officers, three from Gujarat cadre and one from Rajasthan
cadre, are behind the bars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley