Abu Jundal brought to Ahmedabad in 2006 train blast case
Ahmedabad: Gujarat ATS on Sunday brought Abu Jundal, alleged LeT operative and key handler of 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, to the city in connection with the 2006 train blast at Ahmedabad railway station in which he is alleged to be one of the main conspirators.
"Following a Delhi Court granting us his custody till October 31, we have brought him here under proper security arrangements from Tihar Jail," said Gujarat ATS DIG Manoj Shashidhar.
A magistrate`s court in Delhi yesterday handed over Jundal alias Syed Zabiuddin`s custody to Gujarat ATS. He is one of the main conspirators behind Karnawati Express blast on February 19, 2006.
As per the Delhi court`s order Jundal had to be brought with proper security arrangements. He will be produced before a local court, following which ATS Gujarat can commence his custodial interrogation.
Jundal was brought to Ahmedabad on a flight.
At 1:45 am on February 19, 2006, an RDX-filled bomb exploded in coach SC-1 of the Mumbai-Ahmedabad Karnavati Express at platform number 2 at Kalupur railway station in the city, leaving more then 14 persons injured.
The case was initially investigated by Ahmedabad Crime Branch and was later handed over to the Anti-Terrorist Squad.
Four accused including Jundal had been shown as absconders in the case, while three persons--a railway police constable, a porter and another man called Aslam Kashmiri, were arrested.
Trial against them is underway in the sessions court here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'