Abu Jundal brought to Ahmedabad in 2006 train blast case
Ahmedabad: Gujarat ATS on Sunday brought Abu Jundal, alleged LeT operative and key handler of 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, to the city in connection with the 2006 train blast at Ahmedabad railway station in which he is alleged to be one of the main conspirators.
"Following a Delhi Court granting us his custody till October 31, we have brought him here under proper security arrangements from Tihar Jail," said Gujarat ATS DIG Manoj Shashidhar.
A magistrate`s court in Delhi yesterday handed over Jundal alias Syed Zabiuddin`s custody to Gujarat ATS. He is one of the main conspirators behind Karnawati Express blast on February 19, 2006.
As per the Delhi court`s order Jundal had to be brought with proper security arrangements. He will be produced before a local court, following which ATS Gujarat can commence his custodial interrogation.
Jundal was brought to Ahmedabad on a flight.
At 1:45 am on February 19, 2006, an RDX-filled bomb exploded in coach SC-1 of the Mumbai-Ahmedabad Karnavati Express at platform number 2 at Kalupur railway station in the city, leaving more then 14 persons injured.
The case was initially investigated by Ahmedabad Crime Branch and was later handed over to the Anti-Terrorist Squad.
Four accused including Jundal had been shown as absconders in the case, while three persons--a railway police constable, a porter and another man called Aslam Kashmiri, were arrested.
Trial against them is underway in the sessions court here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof