Accused gets life term for raping 3-yr-old girl
Jamnagar: A sessions court on Thursday awarded life imprisonment to an accused of raping a three-year -old girl in Jamkhambaliya taluka in 2011.
Additional Sessions Judge J N Srinivas today awarded life imprisonment to the accused - Jumma Iqbal (28) - after holding him guilty for the offence of rape.
The court also ordered him to a pay fine of Rs 25,000.
As per the case details, Jamkhambhaliya police arrested Iqbal on a complaint of raping a three-year-old girl and abandoning her at the farm area of Vadinar village in June 2011.
Recently, Gujarat High Court had also upheld the order of life sentence to five accused in a case of gang-rape and subsequent suicide by the victim in year 2003-04.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state