Accused gets life term for raping 3-yr-old girl
Jamnagar: A sessions court on Thursday awarded life imprisonment to an accused of raping a three-year -old girl in Jamkhambaliya taluka in 2011.
Additional Sessions Judge J N Srinivas today awarded life imprisonment to the accused - Jumma Iqbal (28) - after holding him guilty for the offence of rape.
The court also ordered him to a pay fine of Rs 25,000.
As per the case details, Jamkhambhaliya police arrested Iqbal on a complaint of raping a three-year-old girl and abandoning her at the farm area of Vadinar village in June 2011.
Recently, Gujarat High Court had also upheld the order of life sentence to five accused in a case of gang-rape and subsequent suicide by the victim in year 2003-04.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why