Accused gets life term for raping 3-yr-old girl
Jamnagar: A sessions court on Thursday awarded life imprisonment to an accused of raping a three-year -old girl in Jamkhambaliya taluka in 2011.
Additional Sessions Judge J N Srinivas today awarded life imprisonment to the accused - Jumma Iqbal (28) - after holding him guilty for the offence of rape.
The court also ordered him to a pay fine of Rs 25,000.
As per the case details, Jamkhambhaliya police arrested Iqbal on a complaint of raping a three-year-old girl and abandoning her at the farm area of Vadinar village in June 2011.
Recently, Gujarat High Court had also upheld the order of life sentence to five accused in a case of gang-rape and subsequent suicide by the victim in year 2003-04.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30