Accused gets life term for raping 3-yr-old girl
Jamnagar: A sessions court on Thursday awarded life imprisonment to an accused of raping a three-year -old girl in Jamkhambaliya taluka in 2011.
Additional Sessions Judge J N Srinivas today awarded life imprisonment to the accused - Jumma Iqbal (28) - after holding him guilty for the offence of rape.
The court also ordered him to a pay fine of Rs 25,000.
As per the case details, Jamkhambhaliya police arrested Iqbal on a complaint of raping a three-year-old girl and abandoning her at the farm area of Vadinar village in June 2011.
Recently, Gujarat High Court had also upheld the order of life sentence to five accused in a case of gangrape and subsequent suicide by the victim in year 2003-04.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy