Accused gets life term for raping 3-yr-old girl
Jamnagar: A sessions court on Thursday awarded life imprisonment to an accused of raping a three-year -old girl in Jamkhambaliya taluka in 2011.
Additional Sessions Judge J N Srinivas today awarded life imprisonment to the accused - Jumma Iqbal (28) - after holding him guilty for the offence of rape.
The court also ordered him to a pay fine of Rs 25,000.
As per the case details, Jamkhambhaliya police arrested Iqbal on a complaint of raping a three-year-old girl and abandoning her at the farm area of Vadinar village in June 2011.
Recently, Gujarat High Court had also upheld the order of life sentence to five accused in a case of gangrape and subsequent suicide by the victim in year 2003-04.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement