Advani heaps praise on Modi
Ahmedabad: Praising Chief Minister Narendra
Modi for Gujarat`s development, Senior BJP leader L K Advani
on Saturday said if the whole country adopted a policy of "zero
tolerance" towards terrorism and corruption like him, India
would rise to new heights at the global level.
"In Gujarat, there is good administration and there is
zero tolerance towards corruption and terrorism. If this
policy is adopted across the country, then India would rise to
new heights," Advani said at Modi`s three-day fast for `peace,
unity and communal harmony`.
Crediting Modi for taking the state to new heights of
development, he said, "Whatever he (Modi) has said about the
rise of six crore Gujaratis, he is telling you the right
thing. No other province could manage a growth rate of 11 per
cent like Gujarat."
Commenting on Modi`s speech at his fast venue, BJP leader
Arun Jaitley said, "In the next few months, each and every
word of what Modi has said would be analysed."
He said on the one hand, Gujarat has a government which
is taking the state to "new heights" and on the other hand,
you have a "worrisome situation" over the atmosphere of
"corruption and despair" at the central level.
"On one side, we have a leaderless government at the
Centre whereas on the other, we have a government in Gujarat,
which is helping the state to reach new heights... On one
side, we have politics of honesty and on the other side, we
have politics of corruption," Jaitley claimed.
Terming Modi`s fast as "historical", Jaitley said that
from 2002, after facing cyclones, earthquakes and communal
riots, the way Gujarat has come up on the national scene, it
showcased the strength of the political leadership in the
Accusing the Centre of weakening the federal structure,
Jaitley said during the meeting of the National Integration
Council (NIC) last week, all the states had said that the
federal structure of the country was being weakened.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble