Advani heaps praise on Modi
Ahmedabad: Praising Chief Minister Narendra
Modi for Gujarat`s development, Senior BJP leader L K Advani
on Saturday said if the whole country adopted a policy of "zero
tolerance" towards terrorism and corruption like him, India
would rise to new heights at the global level.
"In Gujarat, there is good administration and there is
zero tolerance towards corruption and terrorism. If this
policy is adopted across the country, then India would rise to
new heights," Advani said at Modi`s three-day fast for `peace,
unity and communal harmony`.
Crediting Modi for taking the state to new heights of
development, he said, "Whatever he (Modi) has said about the
rise of six crore Gujaratis, he is telling you the right
thing. No other province could manage a growth rate of 11 per
cent like Gujarat."
Commenting on Modi`s speech at his fast venue, BJP leader
Arun Jaitley said, "In the next few months, each and every
word of what Modi has said would be analysed."
He said on the one hand, Gujarat has a government which
is taking the state to "new heights" and on the other hand,
you have a "worrisome situation" over the atmosphere of
"corruption and despair" at the central level.
"On one side, we have a leaderless government at the
Centre whereas on the other, we have a government in Gujarat,
which is helping the state to reach new heights... On one
side, we have politics of honesty and on the other side, we
have politics of corruption," Jaitley claimed.
Terming Modi`s fast as "historical", Jaitley said that
from 2002, after facing cyclones, earthquakes and communal
riots, the way Gujarat has come up on the national scene, it
showcased the strength of the political leadership in the
Accusing the Centre of weakening the federal structure,
Jaitley said during the meeting of the National Integration
Council (NIC) last week, all the states had said that the
federal structure of the country was being weakened.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Niti Aayog to hold consultations today with states on 15-year vision document
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel, 3 officials convicted; quantum of sentence to be declared today
- Alarm bells for Nawaz Sharif! Huge protests rock PoK, locals allege ISI rigged polls in favour of PML(N)
- Chill guys! There's still time for Deepika Padukone, Fawad Khan film
- Rio Olympics 2016: Narsingh Yadav's fate hangs in balance as NADA takes final decision today