Advani, Modi to share dais in Ahmedabad on Wednesday
Ahmedabad: After sharing a public platform in Bhopal last month, BJP patriarch L K Advani and the party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, will be seen together at a function here on Wednesday.
Advani and Modi will jointly inaugurate the gardens built by Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) along the Sabarmati river under the Riverfront Development Project.
The AMC invitation cards mentioned that Advani would dedicate the gardens to the people in the presence of Modi.
The event assumes significance, as Advani, the MP from Gandhinagar constituency, would be seen at a major public function in Gujarat after 2011.
Opposing the elevation of his Modi, his one-time protege, as BJP`s election campaign committee chief, Advani had resigned from all party posts in June this year, though he later to withdrew it.
Advani and Modi had appeared on a public platform in Bhopal on September 25, along with a pantheon of BJP for the first time after the declaration of party`s prime ministerial candidate but even there the ties between the two leaders were far from being warm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar visit three-time NBA champions Miami Heat
- Tripura CM Manik Sarkar appeals to people to maintain peace, harmony
- SC rejects review petition of Telangana for division of assets
- VIDEO! Lionel Messi wins UEFA 'Goal of the Season' award for scoring this beauty
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's mushy love in 'Baar Baar Dekho' new still is just so aww!