Advani, Modi to share dais in Ahmedabad on Wednesday
Ahmedabad: After sharing a public platform in Bhopal last month, BJP patriarch L K Advani and the party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, will be seen together at a function here on Wednesday.
Advani and Modi will jointly inaugurate the gardens built by Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) along the Sabarmati river under the Riverfront Development Project.
The AMC invitation cards mentioned that Advani would dedicate the gardens to the people in the presence of Modi.
The event assumes significance, as Advani, the MP from Gandhinagar constituency, would be seen at a major public function in Gujarat after 2011.
Opposing the elevation of his Modi, his one-time protege, as BJP`s election campaign committee chief, Advani had resigned from all party posts in June this year, though he later to withdrew it.
Advani and Modi had appeared on a public platform in Bhopal on September 25, along with a pantheon of BJP for the first time after the declaration of party`s prime ministerial candidate but even there the ties between the two leaders were far from being warm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie