Advani, Modi to share dais in Ahmedabad on Wednesday
Ahmedabad: After sharing a public platform in Bhopal last month, BJP patriarch L K Advani and the party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, will be seen together at a function here on Wednesday.
Advani and Modi will jointly inaugurate the gardens built by Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) along the Sabarmati river under the Riverfront Development Project.
The AMC invitation cards mentioned that Advani would dedicate the gardens to the people in the presence of Modi.
The event assumes significance, as Advani, the MP from Gandhinagar constituency, would be seen at a major public function in Gujarat after 2011.
Opposing the elevation of his Modi, his one-time protege, as BJP`s election campaign committee chief, Advani had resigned from all party posts in June this year, though he later to withdrew it.
Advani and Modi had appeared on a public platform in Bhopal on September 25, along with a pantheon of BJP for the first time after the declaration of party`s prime ministerial candidate but even there the ties between the two leaders were far from being warm.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India