After HC blow on Lokayukta, Modi targets UPA govt
Valsad: Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday remained unfazed by the Gujarat High Court rap over Lokayukta appointment and trained his guns on Centre, accusing it of misusing Constitutional offices like that of Governor to "destroy" the state`s public life.
Modi also said that Gujarat will not bow before "Delhi
"Use all Constitutional bodies against us, use all
Constitutional posts against us, and please see you do not get
late in using them," he said addressing a gathering after his
day-long `Sadbhavna Mission` fast in this South Gujarat town.
"This Delhi Sultanate should listen carefully, Gujarat
will never perform `mujara` (paid dance) in Delhi `Darbar`. Do
whatever you can. Those days (of dependence on Centre for
funds) are gone. We are not a bankrupt state," the BJP
"The problem is that people of Gujarat have not given
anything to Congress for the last so many years, and that is
the reason they (Congress leaders) are targeting me."
"I tell people of Gujarat to continue not giving
anything to Congress. Till we have blessings of six crore
people of Gujarat, nobody can defeat us," Modi said.
He alleged the Centre was misusing Constitutional
offices like that of Governor to "destroy public life of
Modi`s attack on the Centre came a day after Justice V M
Sahai rejected the state`s plea on the Lokayukta issue
yesterday to give a 2-1 verdict in a setback to him.
Justice Sahai had severely criticised Modi and said the
"pranks" played by the Chief Minister on the Lokayukta issue
"demonstrates destruction of our democracy".
The judge also described Modi`s refusal to accept
Justice(retd) R A Mehta`s appointment as advised by the
Gujarat High Court Chief Justice as "spiteful and
challenging", saying the action demonstrated a "false sense of
invincibility" on his part.
The Lokayukta issue landed in the court after Governor
Kamla appointed Justice (retd) R A Mehta as head of the anti-
corruption body in August last year by "bypassing the State
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly