After Modi, Keshubhai visits RSS office
Ahmedabad: Two days after Chief Minister Narendra Modi met RSS top brass in Nagpur, Gujarat Parivartan Party president Keshubhai Patel today visited the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh state headquarters and Vishva Hindu Parishad office here.
Patel told reporters that he had gone to the RSS office to enquire about the health of senior functionary Bhaskarao Damle. "As Modi is still an RSS worker, I am also an RSS worker," Patel further said.
RSS media coordinator Pradeep Jain also said that Keshubhai had come to visit Damle, who is not keeping well of-late.
To a question if he was planning to meet the RSS chief, the 83-year-old former state Chief Minister, who defected from BJP and formed his own party, said, "Yes, if needed I will definitely go to Nagpur and meet (Mohan) Bhagwatji."
Patel, who is in the midst of campaigning for the party in view of the Gujarat elections in December, reached the RSS office at around 10.30 AM and spent about an hour with top functionaries of the organisation.
Later, Patel and party general secretary Gordhan Zadafia drove to VHP office where the former addressed about 150 workers of the organisation and sought support for his party in the coming elections.
Patel said Narendra Modi has betrayed the cause and sentiments of Hindus. "The Chief Minister, in his zeal for the beautification of Gandhinagar, has demolished more than 200 temples," Patel alleged.
He also alleged that several priests were allegedly murdered and the culprits were yet to be brought to book.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city