After Modi, Keshubhai visits RSS office
Ahmedabad: Two days after Chief Minister Narendra Modi met RSS top brass in Nagpur, Gujarat Parivartan Party president Keshubhai Patel today visited the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh state headquarters and Vishva Hindu Parishad office here.
Patel told reporters that he had gone to the RSS office to enquire about the health of senior functionary Bhaskarao Damle. "As Modi is still an RSS worker, I am also an RSS worker," Patel further said.
RSS media coordinator Pradeep Jain also said that Keshubhai had come to visit Damle, who is not keeping well of-late.
To a question if he was planning to meet the RSS chief, the 83-year-old former state Chief Minister, who defected from BJP and formed his own party, said, "Yes, if needed I will definitely go to Nagpur and meet (Mohan) Bhagwatji."
Patel, who is in the midst of campaigning for the party in view of the Gujarat elections in December, reached the RSS office at around 10.30 AM and spent about an hour with top functionaries of the organisation.
Later, Patel and party general secretary Gordhan Zadafia drove to VHP office where the former addressed about 150 workers of the organisation and sought support for his party in the coming elections.
Patel said Narendra Modi has betrayed the cause and sentiments of Hindus. "The Chief Minister, in his zeal for the beautification of Gandhinagar, has demolished more than 200 temples," Patel alleged.
He also alleged that several priests were allegedly murdered and the culprits were yet to be brought to book.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Grand Welcome for champions: After Telangana, Andhra Pradesh government felicitates PV Sindhu, Pullela Gopichand
- Google rolls out Android Nougat, Nexus phones to get it first
- Watch: Sonakshi Sinha, Remo D'souza's 'Beat Pe Booty' will make you want to hit dance floor too
- Watch: ISIS-style kidnapping of BJP leader's son by ULFA militants in Assam
- Apple boosts health while Microsoft revs machine smarts