After Modi, Keshubhai visits RSS office
Ahmedabad: Two days after Chief Minister Narendra Modi met RSS top brass in Nagpur, Gujarat Parivartan Party president Keshubhai Patel today visited the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh state headquarters and Vishva Hindu Parishad office here.
Patel told reporters that he had gone to the RSS office to enquire about the health of senior functionary Bhaskarao Damle. "As Modi is still an RSS worker, I am also an RSS worker," Patel further said.
RSS media coordinator Pradeep Jain also said that Keshubhai had come to visit Damle, who is not keeping well of-late.
To a question if he was planning to meet the RSS chief, the 83-year-old former state Chief Minister, who defected from BJP and formed his own party, said, "Yes, if needed I will definitely go to Nagpur and meet (Mohan) Bhagwatji."
Patel, who is in the midst of campaigning for the party in view of the Gujarat elections in December, reached the RSS office at around 10.30 AM and spent about an hour with top functionaries of the organisation.
Later, Patel and party general secretary Gordhan Zadafia drove to VHP office where the former addressed about 150 workers of the organisation and sought support for his party in the coming elections.
Patel said Narendra Modi has betrayed the cause and sentiments of Hindus. "The Chief Minister, in his zeal for the beautification of Gandhinagar, has demolished more than 200 temples," Patel alleged.
He also alleged that several priests were allegedly murdered and the culprits were yet to be brought to book.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!