Ahmedabad: Anti-encroachment drive turns violent, four injured
Ahmedabad: Four persons, including two
policemen, were injured on Wednesday in stone pelting in Dudheshwar
area after the municipal corporation officials tried to remove
illegal encroachments, police said.
Police had to fire over ten tear gas shells to
disperse the mob which resorted to stone-pelting targeting the
officials of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) who had
gone to remove illegal encroachments at Dudheshwar area here,
According to police, two police constables sustained
injuries in the incident besides two other persons.
The situation was under control and security in the
area has been increased following the incident, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31