Ahmedabad: Anti-encroachment drive turns violent, four injured
Ahmedabad: Four persons, including two
policemen, were injured on Wednesday in stone pelting in Dudheshwar
area after the municipal corporation officials tried to remove
illegal encroachments, police said.
Police had to fire over ten tear gas shells to
disperse the mob which resorted to stone-pelting targeting the
officials of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) who had
gone to remove illegal encroachments at Dudheshwar area here,
According to police, two police constables sustained
injuries in the incident besides two other persons.
The situation was under control and security in the
area has been increased following the incident, police added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India