Ahmedabad blasts: Cops to seek custody of terror suspect Manzar Imam
Ahmedabad: The Crime Branch of the city police will seek the custody of terror suspect Manzar Imam, arrested in Ranchi, who is an accused in the 2008 Ahmedabad serial blasts, a senior police official said on Monday.
"Right now NIA has apprehended him (Imam). Transfer warrant will be sought, following which he will be arrested and brought here for questioning regarding his role in Ahmedabad blasts case," Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) AK Sharma told PTI.
Imam was nabbed last night by a joint team of NIA and Ranchi Police at Kanke in Ranchi district for his alleged role in last month`s Hyderabad twin bomb blasts.
The NIA and the Anti-Terrorism Squad had been searching for Imam for the last two years in connection with bomb blasts in Ahmedabad and Kerala.
At least 49 people were killed and scores others injured in sixteen serial blasts that rocked Ahmedabad on July 26, 2008.
On July 27, two dozen live bombs were found in Surat.
The Ahmedabad blasts trial is being conducted by the sessions judge Jyotsna Yagnik in the court set up inside the Sabarmati Central Jail premises, where 68 accused arrested so far in the case are lodged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tata Communications Q4 net loss widens to Rs 205 crore
- Kapil Sharma invites you to unlimited fun with Mika Singh and Chris Gayle at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2016: Private schools outshine govt schools in Delhi
- Panchmukhi Hanuman – Know significance and reasons to pray Him!
- Maharashtra CM inaugurates Maharojgar Melava