Ahmedabad city, country-made liquor, Foreign-Liquor
Gandhinagar: Police stations in Ahmedabad city witnessed rise in the seizure of country-made liquor, but reduction in seizure of India-Made-Foreign-Liquor last year.
To a question by Danilimda MLA Shailesh Parmar, Minister of State for Home Rajnikant Patel today informed the Assembly in a written reply that 57,227 litres of country-made liquor, worth Rs 11.41 lakh, was seized in the city in 2011, but the quantity rose to 69,623 litres (worth Rs 13.92 lakh) last year.
Production, distribution, sale and consumption of liquor in any form is prohibited in Gujarat.
However, the seizure of IMFL dipped in 2012. Against 94,356 bottles seized in 2011, only 50,883 bottles were seized last year.
In 2012, Sardarpura police station topped the list for country-made liquor seizures for second consecutive year with 10,317 litres of liquor being seized.
It was followed by Vatva (6,698 litres), Madhupura (5,280 litres), Naroda (4,105 litres), Sabarmati (3,639 litres) and Danilimda (3,575 litres).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’