Ahmedabad civic body tells Asaram Bapu to pay taxes
Ahmedabad: The Ahmedabad civic body has slapped a notice on spiritual guru Asaram Bapu`s ashram here for non-payment of property tax and asked it to pay Rs.3.5 lakh by next Wednesday.
"The ashram owes around Rs.3.5 lakh as property tax arrears for the last two years. It has been asked to pay the amount within seven days failing which further action would be taken," Mayur Dave, chairman of revenue committee of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation, said Wednesday.
The spiritual guru has been in news since July 3, 2008 when two children associated with the Ahmedabad ashram went missing and their mutilated bodies were found from the Sabarmati riverbed behind it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?