Ahmedabad civic body tells Asaram Bapu to pay taxes
Ahmedabad: The Ahmedabad civic body has slapped a notice on spiritual guru Asaram Bapu`s ashram here for non-payment of property tax and asked it to pay Rs.3.5 lakh by next Wednesday.
"The ashram owes around Rs.3.5 lakh as property tax arrears for the last two years. It has been asked to pay the amount within seven days failing which further action would be taken," Mayur Dave, chairman of revenue committee of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation, said Wednesday.
The spiritual guru has been in news since July 3, 2008 when two children associated with the Ahmedabad ashram went missing and their mutilated bodies were found from the Sabarmati riverbed behind it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday