Ahmedabad civic body tells Asaram Bapu to pay taxes
Ahmedabad: The Ahmedabad civic body has slapped a notice on spiritual guru Asaram Bapu`s ashram here for non-payment of property tax and asked it to pay Rs.3.5 lakh by next Wednesday.
"The ashram owes around Rs.3.5 lakh as property tax arrears for the last two years. It has been asked to pay the amount within seven days failing which further action would be taken," Mayur Dave, chairman of revenue committee of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation, said Wednesday.
The spiritual guru has been in news since July 3, 2008 when two children associated with the Ahmedabad ashram went missing and their mutilated bodies were found from the Sabarmati riverbed behind it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing