Ahmedabad civic body tells Asaram Bapu to pay taxes
Ahmedabad: The Ahmedabad civic body has slapped a notice on spiritual guru Asaram Bapu`s ashram here for non-payment of property tax and asked it to pay Rs.3.5 lakh by next Wednesday.
"The ashram owes around Rs.3.5 lakh as property tax arrears for the last two years. It has been asked to pay the amount within seven days failing which further action would be taken," Mayur Dave, chairman of revenue committee of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation, said Wednesday.
The spiritual guru has been in news since July 3, 2008 when two children associated with the Ahmedabad ashram went missing and their mutilated bodies were found from the Sabarmati riverbed behind it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog