Ahmedabad court sends Abu Jundal to ATS` custody
Ahmedabad: Abu Jundal, an alleged LeT operative and key handler of 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, was on Monday remanded in 14 days custody of Gujarat Anti-Terrorism Squad in the 2006 Karnavati Express blast case here.
ATS` DIG Manoj Shashidhar yesterday brought Jundal to the city from Delhi`s Tihar jail.
Today early morning he was produced before the Metropolitan Magistrate B D Goswami at his residence.
ATS sources said it demanded his custody saying that he had been absconding for long and interrogation was necessary.
Abu Jundal alias Syed Zabiuddin is accused of being one of the conspirators behind the blast that took place on Mumbai-Ahmedabad Karnavati Express at Kalupur railway station here on February 19, 2006, leaving 14 persons injured.
Four accused including Jundal were shown as absconders in the case, while three -- a railway police constable, a porter and another man called Aslam Kashmiri -- were arrested. Trial against them is underway at the sessions court here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested