Ahmedabad court sends Abu Jundal to ATS` custody
Ahmedabad: Abu Jundal, an alleged LeT operative and key handler of 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, was on Monday remanded in 14 days custody of Gujarat Anti-Terrorism Squad in the 2006 Karnavati Express blast case here.
ATS` DIG Manoj Shashidhar yesterday brought Jundal to the city from Delhi`s Tihar jail.
Today early morning he was produced before the Metropolitan Magistrate B D Goswami at his residence.
ATS sources said it demanded his custody saying that he had been absconding for long and interrogation was necessary.
Abu Jundal alias Syed Zabiuddin is accused of being one of the conspirators behind the blast that took place on Mumbai-Ahmedabad Karnavati Express at Kalupur railway station here on February 19, 2006, leaving 14 persons injured.
Four accused including Jundal were shown as absconders in the case, while three -- a railway police constable, a porter and another man called Aslam Kashmiri -- were arrested. Trial against them is underway at the sessions court here.
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?