Ahmedabad court sends Abu Jundal to ATS` custody
Ahmedabad: Abu Jundal, an alleged LeT operative and key handler of 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, was on Monday remanded in 14 days custody of Gujarat Anti-Terrorism Squad in the 2006 Karnavati Express blast case here.
ATS` DIG Manoj Shashidhar yesterday brought Jundal to the city from Delhi`s Tihar jail.
Today early morning he was produced before the Metropolitan Magistrate B D Goswami at his residence.
ATS sources said it demanded his custody saying that he had been absconding for long and interrogation was necessary.
Abu Jundal alias Syed Zabiuddin is accused of being one of the conspirators behind the blast that took place on Mumbai-Ahmedabad Karnavati Express at Kalupur railway station here on February 19, 2006, leaving 14 persons injured.
Four accused including Jundal were shown as absconders in the case, while three -- a railway police constable, a porter and another man called Aslam Kashmiri -- were arrested. Trial against them is underway at the sessions court here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- 'We're ready to execute our plans' - Chilling details emerge as NIA busts 'ISIS' terror module
- Animals owe their social sense to their maternal side!
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final
- Playing with lives of soldiers? Jawans in Siachen may have been given substandard snow suits to fight -60 deg C