Ahmedabad court sends Abu Jundal to ATS` custody
Ahmedabad: Abu Jundal, an alleged LeT operative and key handler of 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, was on Monday remanded in 14 days custody of Gujarat Anti-Terrorism Squad in the 2006 Karnavati Express blast case here.
ATS` DIG Manoj Shashidhar yesterday brought Jundal to the city from Delhi`s Tihar jail.
Today early morning he was produced before the Metropolitan Magistrate B D Goswami at his residence.
ATS sources said it demanded his custody saying that he had been absconding for long and interrogation was necessary.
Abu Jundal alias Syed Zabiuddin is accused of being one of the conspirators behind the blast that took place on Mumbai-Ahmedabad Karnavati Express at Kalupur railway station here on February 19, 2006, leaving 14 persons injured.
Four accused including Jundal were shown as absconders in the case, while three -- a railway police constable, a porter and another man called Aslam Kashmiri -- were arrested. Trial against them is underway at the sessions court here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love