Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar gets bomb threat
Ahmedabad: Thorough searches were conducted in
Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad today following an SMS received by
the control room that bombs have been planted at various
places in the two cities, police said.
In Gandhinagar, searches were conducted in the state
secretariat and assembly premises, the places mentioned in the
SMS, but nothing was found, police said.
In Ahmedabad, Bomb Disposal Squad, dog squad and police
team were sent to various location, however, so far nothing
incriminating has been found. The searches are on at some
places, police said.
"An SMS was sent to some police officers and the control
room saying there were bombs planted at different places in
the city which would be blown up," Ahmedabad JCP (sector 1)
Satish Sharma told PTI.
"We are trying to trace the sender and the location from
where the SMS was sent," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj