Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar gets bomb threat
Ahmedabad: Thorough searches were conducted in
Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad today following an SMS received by
the control room that bombs have been planted at various
places in the two cities, police said.
In Gandhinagar, searches were conducted in the state
secretariat and assembly premises, the places mentioned in the
SMS, but nothing was found, police said.
In Ahmedabad, Bomb Disposal Squad, dog squad and police
team were sent to various location, however, so far nothing
incriminating has been found. The searches are on at some
places, police said.
"An SMS was sent to some police officers and the control
room saying there were bombs planted at different places in
the city which would be blown up," Ahmedabad JCP (sector 1)
Satish Sharma told PTI.
"We are trying to trace the sender and the location from
where the SMS was sent," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!