Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar gets bomb threat
Ahmedabad: Thorough searches were conducted in
Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad today following an SMS received by
the control room that bombs have been planted at various
places in the two cities, police said.
In Gandhinagar, searches were conducted in the state
secretariat and assembly premises, the places mentioned in the
SMS, but nothing was found, police said.
In Ahmedabad, Bomb Disposal Squad, dog squad and police
team were sent to various location, however, so far nothing
incriminating has been found. The searches are on at some
places, police said.
"An SMS was sent to some police officers and the control
room saying there were bombs planted at different places in
the city which would be blown up," Ahmedabad JCP (sector 1)
Satish Sharma told PTI.
"We are trying to trace the sender and the location from
where the SMS was sent," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Now cancel counter-booked wait-listed train tickets online
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round
- Panama probe independent of Bachchan's presence at Modi bash: Union Law Minister