Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar gets bomb threat
Ahmedabad: Thorough searches were conducted in
Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad today following an SMS received by
the control room that bombs have been planted at various
places in the two cities, police said.
In Gandhinagar, searches were conducted in the state
secretariat and assembly premises, the places mentioned in the
SMS, but nothing was found, police said.
In Ahmedabad, Bomb Disposal Squad, dog squad and police
team were sent to various location, however, so far nothing
incriminating has been found. The searches are on at some
places, police said.
"An SMS was sent to some police officers and the control
room saying there were bombs planted at different places in
the city which would be blown up," Ahmedabad JCP (sector 1)
Satish Sharma told PTI.
"We are trying to trace the sender and the location from
where the SMS was sent," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi