Ahmedabad: Man set on fire over dispute, one arrested
Ahmedabad: City police on Thursday registered an attempt to murder case against three men including two brothers for allegedly trying to burn a man alive.
Harshwardhan Shah, the complainant, alleged that brothers Parag and Devang Dave, along with another unidentified man, accosted him near his house in Isanpur area late last night, and had a quarrel with him over the will of Daves` aunt.
Following this, they allegedly set him on fire after pouring petrol on him, Assistant Commissioner of Police RC Pathak said.
Shah, who suffered 40-45 percent burn injuries, was admitted to LG Hospital and his condition was stable.
According to police, sometime ago, Devang had taken Shah, his friend, to Mumbai where Shah stood witness to a will of Devang`s aunt. The will bequeathed property worth crores of rupees on Devang.
But after her death, other relatives challenged the will and Daves wanted Shah to remain present during litigation before the Mumbai court. His reluctance led to yesterday`s incidence, police said.
Police have registered a case under the section of 307 of the Indian Penal Code (attempt to murder) and arrested Devang, while two others are yet to be traced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!
- Salman Khan ‘raped woman’ remark controversy: Actor evades media, refuses to say ‘sorry’ – Watch
- Amazing! Ahmedabad hotel made out of discarded containers set to woo customers