Ahmedabad: Man set on fire over dispute, one arrested
Ahmedabad: City police on Thursday registered an attempt to murder case against three men including two brothers for allegedly trying to burn a man alive.
Harshwardhan Shah, the complainant, alleged that brothers Parag and Devang Dave, along with another unidentified man, accosted him near his house in Isanpur area late last night, and had a quarrel with him over the will of Daves` aunt.
Following this, they allegedly set him on fire after pouring petrol on him, Assistant Commissioner of Police RC Pathak said.
Shah, who suffered 40-45 percent burn injuries, was admitted to LG Hospital and his condition was stable.
According to police, sometime ago, Devang had taken Shah, his friend, to Mumbai where Shah stood witness to a will of Devang`s aunt. The will bequeathed property worth crores of rupees on Devang.
But after her death, other relatives challenged the will and Daves wanted Shah to remain present during litigation before the Mumbai court. His reluctance led to yesterday`s incidence, police said.
Police have registered a case under the section of 307 of the Indian Penal Code (attempt to murder) and arrested Devang, while two others are yet to be traced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city