Ahmedabad stadium will soon be a lake!
Ahmedabad: The Lalbahadur Shastri Stadium in Ahmedabad, usually marooned in the rain and gutter waters during every monsoon, will soon be turned into a lake.
According to Times of India, Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) is tasked with turning the Lal Bahadur Shastri (LBS) Stadium in Bapunagar into a lake front.
On August 13, the Gujarat High Court directed the AMC to take immediate step to drain the LBS of dirty water and spray insecticide in the vicinity to check the growth of mosquitoes.
The AMC now plans to spend Rs 12.5 crore on the renovation of the area around the lake.
"We are a planning to install a musical fountain at the lake so that people enjoy the open environ. The second major challenge is the encroachment around the lake which needs to be removed. There are slums and we`ve to take a call whether slum dwellers should be rehabilitated," the Times of India quoted a senior AMC official as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday