Ahmedabad stadium will soon be a lake!
Ahmedabad: The Lalbahadur Shastri Stadium in Ahmedabad, usually marooned in the rain and gutter waters during every monsoon, will soon be turned into a lake.
According to Times of India, Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) is tasked with turning the Lal Bahadur Shastri (LBS) Stadium in Bapunagar into a lake front.
On August 13, the Gujarat High Court directed the AMC to take immediate step to drain the LBS of dirty water and spray insecticide in the vicinity to check the growth of mosquitoes.
The AMC now plans to spend Rs 12.5 crore on the renovation of the area around the lake.
"We are a planning to install a musical fountain at the lake so that people enjoy the open environ. The second major challenge is the encroachment around the lake which needs to be removed. There are slums and we`ve to take a call whether slum dwellers should be rehabilitated," the Times of India quoted a senior AMC official as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price