Ahmedabad stadium will soon be a lake!
Ahmedabad: The Lalbahadur Shastri Stadium in Ahmedabad, usually marooned in the rain and gutter waters during every monsoon, will soon be turned into a lake.
According to Times of India, Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) is tasked with turning the Lal Bahadur Shastri (LBS) Stadium in Bapunagar into a lake front.
On August 13, the Gujarat High Court directed the AMC to take immediate step to drain the LBS of dirty water and spray insecticide in the vicinity to check the growth of mosquitoes.
The AMC now plans to spend Rs 12.5 crore on the renovation of the area around the lake.
"We are a planning to install a musical fountain at the lake so that people enjoy the open environ. The second major challenge is the encroachment around the lake which needs to be removed. There are slums and we`ve to take a call whether slum dwellers should be rehabilitated," the Times of India quoted a senior AMC official as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Will Jennifer Lopez make tunes with Calvin Harris?
- This is how you can try contouring at home! Watch video
- Here's how Modi govt plans to bring back Kohinoor from UK
- Lindsay Lohan's dad confirms it's 'baby on board' for her
- Cricket in America: India-West Indies to play three T20Is in Florida in late August