Ahmedabad stadium will soon be a lake!
Ahmedabad: The Lalbahadur Shastri Stadium in Ahmedabad, usually marooned in the rain and gutter waters during every monsoon, will soon be turned into a lake.
According to Times of India, Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) is tasked with turning the Lal Bahadur Shastri (LBS) Stadium in Bapunagar into a lake front.
On August 13, the Gujarat High Court directed the AMC to take immediate step to drain the LBS of dirty water and spray insecticide in the vicinity to check the growth of mosquitoes.
The AMC now plans to spend Rs 12.5 crore on the renovation of the area around the lake.
"We are a planning to install a musical fountain at the lake so that people enjoy the open environ. The second major challenge is the encroachment around the lake which needs to be removed. There are slums and we`ve to take a call whether slum dwellers should be rehabilitated," the Times of India quoted a senior AMC official as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- OMG! Hilarious bomb scare prank – Must Watch
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 2nd Test: Steyn, Philander strike after du Plessis ton as Proteas take control on Day 2
- Rio Olympics medallist Sakshi Malik to tie the knot soon: Report
- MPCA to decide on holding elections in Monday's AGM
- The solar system is home to millions of Jupiter-like planets, reveals NASA!