Alert in Gujarat district following terror threat
Ahmedabad: An alert has been sounded and
security cover increased in Kheda district after an anonymous
letter threatening a terror attack at a temple on Independence
Day was received, police said on Sunday.
The state-level Independence Day function is to be
held in Kheda district this year.
"Yesterday, a letter was received by the office of
Trust, which is managing the famous Lord Krishna temple in
Dakore. The latter said that the temple would be blown up on
August 15," Kheda SP G L Singhal said.
The police, however, also suspect this to be a prank.
"Looking at the content of the letter, which was
written in incorrect English, the whole thing seems to be a
prank. But since the state-level function for the Independence
Day is to be held here, we are not taking it lightly," he
"Security has been intensified across Kheda district.
Additional security personnel have been deployed at the Dakore
temple," Singhal said.
A company of Border Wing, equipped with latest
weapons, has been deployed at the temple, which would be
visited by hundreds of devotees as the holy month of `Shravan`
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi would be hoisting
the tricolour on August 15 at Nadida, district headquarters of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it