Alert in Gujarat district following terror threat
Ahmedabad: An alert has been sounded and
security cover increased in Kheda district after an anonymous
letter threatening a terror attack at a temple on Independence
Day was received, police said on Sunday.
The state-level Independence Day function is to be
held in Kheda district this year.
"Yesterday, a letter was received by the office of
Trust, which is managing the famous Lord Krishna temple in
Dakore. The latter said that the temple would be blown up on
August 15," Kheda SP G L Singhal said.
The police, however, also suspect this to be a prank.
"Looking at the content of the letter, which was
written in incorrect English, the whole thing seems to be a
prank. But since the state-level function for the Independence
Day is to be held here, we are not taking it lightly," he
"Security has been intensified across Kheda district.
Additional security personnel have been deployed at the Dakore
temple," Singhal said.
A company of Border Wing, equipped with latest
weapons, has been deployed at the temple, which would be
visited by hundreds of devotees as the holy month of `Shravan`
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi would be hoisting
the tricolour on August 15 at Nadida, district headquarters of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa