All Congress MLAs except two suspended for a day from Gujarat Assembly
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Assembly Speaker Vaju Vala Wednesday suspended all the Congress MLAs present in the House expect two, for a day after they indulged in sloganeering on the issue of their demand for a discussion on water situation in the state.
Leader of Opposition in the House, Shankarsinh Vaghela raised the demand of opposition for a discussion on the issue of situation that has arisen out of delayed monsoon after his application moved earlier today seeking discussion on the drought like situation was rejected by the Speaker.
"A grim situation has developed in the state due to delay in rains. The government which knows about it has not made any provision in the budget presented yesterday. We would like to have discussion on the issue in the house," he told the House.
Vala, however, said since the application on the subject was rejected, no discussion can take place on the issue now.
However, Vaghela insisted for a discussion after which, Congress MLAs stood up at their places and started shouting slogans against the government.
Even as Congress leaders Vaghela and Shaktisinh Gohil took their seats, other MLAs continued shouting slogans not heeding to Speaker`s request to maintain decorum in the House.
Vala suspended all the Congress MLAs who were standing and shouting slogans against the government for a day and ordered marshalls to evict them from the House. The number of MLAs suspended was around 40.
The decision of the Speaker further infuriated the Opposition MLAs who rushed to the well of the House shouting slogans and throwing papers of question and answer booklets forcing Marshalls to evict them.
Vaghela and Gohil were not suspended as they were sitting but later walked out of the House in protest against the action of Speaker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest