All efforts being made to bring back stranded pilgrims: Gujarat govt
Vadodara: The Gujarat government is making all efforts to bring back stranded pilgrims from Uttarakhand, a state minister said on Saturday.
Chief minister Narendra Modi was in Uttarakhand reviewing the situation and overseeing arrangements to bring back the pilgrims to Gujarat, Energy and Petrochemicals minister Saurabh Patel said.
Modi arranged for a chartered plane to bring back 135 stranded pilgrims to Ahmedabad today and the plane would carry out more flights to Uttarakhand, Patel stated.
Earlier, a 17-seater plane of the state government had brought back Gujarati families from Dehradun to Ahmedabad.
Besides, 20 buses have been sent to Haridwar to help the stranded pilgrims return, Patel said, adding that medical teams have been sent to attend the ailing pilgrims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof