Alleged rape in CID custody: NRI woman moves Guj HC
Ahmedabad: A US-based NRI woman, who had alleged that she was raped by the CID officials and others when she was in the police custody in a land grabbing case on Monday moved the Gujarat High Court, demanding CBI probe.
"It`s been almost ten days since I lodged the complaint, but police have not even bothered to register FIR against the culprits. This confirms my belief that I am not going to get justice if probe is in the hands of Gujarat police," she told reporters.
The woman, an accused in a case of land grabbing near Vadodara, had filed complaint on July 14 alleging that she was raped by CID officials and a co-accused after her arrest in June.
An officer as high as an Additional Director General of Police was also invloved, she had said.
The authorities decided to conduct inquiry (before registering FIR) and handed over her complaint to Women Cell headed by DCP Parikshita Rathore.
Two days ago, the investigating officer of the land grabbing case was shunted out.
The petition is likely to come up for hearing tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Nehru, Gandhi family responsible for rising rapes in India, says Rajasthan BJP MLA Gyandev Ahuja
- Shocking video: Old woman mercilessly beaten up by her daughter in Delhi
- Chris Gayle: Melbourne Renegades refuse to renew his contract for BBL 6
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- US President Barack Obama urges Vietnam to improve human rights to guarantee progress