Alleged rape in CID custody: NRI woman moves Guj HC
Ahmedabad: A US-based NRI woman, who had alleged that she was raped by the CID officials and others when she was in the police custody in a land grabbing case on Monday moved the Gujarat High Court, demanding CBI probe.
"It`s been almost ten days since I lodged the complaint, but police have not even bothered to register FIR against the culprits. This confirms my belief that I am not going to get justice if probe is in the hands of Gujarat police," she told reporters.
The woman, an accused in a case of land grabbing near Vadodara, had filed complaint on July 14 alleging that she was raped by CID officials and a co-accused after her arrest in June.
An officer as high as an Additional Director General of Police was also invloved, she had said.
The authorities decided to conduct inquiry (before registering FIR) and handed over her complaint to Women Cell headed by DCP Parikshita Rathore.
Two days ago, the investigating officer of the land grabbing case was shunted out.
The petition is likely to come up for hearing tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees