Alleged rape in CID custody: NRI woman moves Guj HC
Ahmedabad: A US-based NRI woman, who had alleged that she was raped by the CID officials and others when she was in the police custody in a land grabbing case on Monday moved the Gujarat High Court, demanding CBI probe.
"It`s been almost ten days since I lodged the complaint, but police have not even bothered to register FIR against the culprits. This confirms my belief that I am not going to get justice if probe is in the hands of Gujarat police," she told reporters.
The woman, an accused in a case of land grabbing near Vadodara, had filed complaint on July 14 alleging that she was raped by CID officials and a co-accused after her arrest in June.
An officer as high as an Additional Director General of Police was also invloved, she had said.
The authorities decided to conduct inquiry (before registering FIR) and handed over her complaint to Women Cell headed by DCP Parikshita Rathore.
Two days ago, the investigating officer of the land grabbing case was shunted out.
The petition is likely to come up for hearing tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth