Alleged underworld gangster Santokben `Godmother` Jadeja dies
Rajkot: Alleged underworld gangster and
former independent MLA Santokben Jadeja, popularly known as
`Godmother`, on Tuesday night died of a heart attack in Porbandar.
She was 65.
She was a legislator from Kutiyana in Porbandar.
"Santokben who complained of chest pain was brought to
our Pankhania hospital in Porbandar, but was declared brought
dead," Dr Vipul Dalsina, who attended to her, said.
Jadeja`s is amongst the famous cases of a lady heading
underworld operations. Her area of operation allegedly had
been in and around the coastal town of Porbandar.
Her period of operation started from 1980s and lasted
for about a decade, until she was made to relocate to Rajkot.
Jadeja was the subject of a Hindi film, Godmother (1999),
where her role was essayed by Shabana Azmi, who who later won the
National Film Award for Best Actress for the film.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail