Alleged underworld gangster Santokben `Godmother` Jadeja dies
Rajkot: Alleged underworld gangster and
former independent MLA Santokben Jadeja, popularly known as
`Godmother`, on Tuesday night died of a heart attack in Porbandar.
She was 65.
She was a legislator from Kutiyana in Porbandar.
"Santokben who complained of chest pain was brought to
our Pankhania hospital in Porbandar, but was declared brought
dead," Dr Vipul Dalsina, who attended to her, said.
Jadeja`s is amongst the famous cases of a lady heading
underworld operations. Her area of operation allegedly had
been in and around the coastal town of Porbandar.
Her period of operation started from 1980s and lasted
for about a decade, until she was made to relocate to Rajkot.
Jadeja was the subject of a Hindi film, Godmother (1999),
where her role was essayed by Shabana Azmi, who who later won the
National Film Award for Best Actress for the film.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row