Alleged underworld gangster Santokben `Godmother` Jadeja dies
Rajkot: Alleged underworld gangster and
former independent MLA Santokben Jadeja, popularly known as
`Godmother`, on Tuesday night died of a heart attack in Porbandar.
She was 65.
She was a legislator from Kutiyana in Porbandar.
"Santokben who complained of chest pain was brought to
our Pankhania hospital in Porbandar, but was declared brought
dead," Dr Vipul Dalsina, who attended to her, said.
Jadeja`s is amongst the famous cases of a lady heading
underworld operations. Her area of operation allegedly had
been in and around the coastal town of Porbandar.
Her period of operation started from 1980s and lasted
for about a decade, until she was made to relocate to Rajkot.
Jadeja was the subject of a Hindi film, Godmother (1999),
where her role was essayed by Shabana Azmi, who who later won the
National Film Award for Best Actress for the film.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter