Amit Shah a chick, arrest the broiler: Lalu Prasad
New Delhi: Terming former Gujarat minister Amit Shah a chick, Rashtriya Janata Dal leader Lalu Prasad on Thursday dared the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to arrest the broiler - Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"Amit Shah is just a `chuza’ (chick), the broiler is still to be arrested," Lalu Prasad told reporters outside Parliament.
Shah, Gujarat`s former minister of state for home, has been arrested for the 2005 killing of Sohrabuddin Sheikh in a staged shootout.
"If Modi is arrested it will be something. Amit Shah was his subordinate, he couldn’t have acted on his own," he said.
Shah, who is said to be close to Modi, was arrested by the CBI Sunday after a court in Ahmedbad rejected his anticipatory bail plea.
On Wednesday, the CBI began quizzing Shah in Ahmedabad`s Sabarmati jail but he feigned ignorance on many questions posed to him, sources said.
Shah has been charged with ordering the killing of Sohrabuddin Sheikh and his wife Kausarbi here.
The Gujarat Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) has been accused of killing Sohrabuddin Sheikh on the ground that he was a Lashkar-e-Toiba operative near Ahmedabad in a staged shootout Nov 26, 2005. His wife Kauserbi had also been missing since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air