Amit Shah implicated to destabilise Guj govt
New Delhi: Former Gujarat minister Amit Shah
on Wednesday accused the CBI in the Supreme Court of falsely
implicating him the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case to
destabilise the Narendra Modi government.
Shah`s counsel Ram Jethmalani alleged that there were
serious lapses in the probe by the CBI saying it was trying to
protect the Andhra Pradesh and Rajasthan police because of
friendly Congress governments there.
"The Central government is out to destabilise the Gujarat
government which is a thorn in its flesh. This is the design
of the Centre," Jethmalani said before a bench of justices
Aftab Alam and Ranjana Prakash Desai which was hearing the
CBI`s plea for cancellation of bail granted to Shah by the
Gujarat High Court.
He submitted that Gujarat Police were probing the case in
right direction but the investigation was handed over to the
CBI which has implicated Shah in the case.
The senior advocate alleged that the agency has wiped out
the role of the Andhra Pradesh Police in the case and has
concealed the statement of its police official who was a
member of the joint team allegedly involved in the killing of
Jethmalani was referring to Andhra Pradesh police
official N Balasubramanian, whose statement, he alleged was
not brought on record.
"Why are they (CBI) concealing it? His statement is not
available in the CBI record," he said, adding that
"Balasubramanian was acting in tandem with the central
intelligence agencies to track Sohrabuddin".
"Tracking (of Sohrabuddin) was done by the intelligence
agencies of the government with the help of police of the
Andhra Pradesh," he claimed and told the bench that CBI should
be asked to produce the statement of Balasubramanian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan