Amit Shah moves court for bail
Ahmedabad, Jul 26: Former Gujarat
Minister Amit Shah, accused in the Sohrabuddin fake encounter
case, on Monday moved a special CBI court for bail.
The bail application has been filed in the court of
special CBI Judge G K Upadhaya here for which final hearing
will be held on August 2.
Shah has pleaded that he is innocent and has been wrongly put in custody. He also said in his plea that since he was a person who would run away, he should be granted bail till trial begins.
Meanwhile, the CBI today filed an
application in a court to interrogate Shah in jail. The defence did not disagree but asked the prosecution to provide them with a copy of chargesheet against Shah before interrogating him.
“Ram Jethmalani, representing shah, has asked for a copy of the chargesheet,” Nirupam Nanavati, a lawyer from Shah’s team told reporters outside the court.
Shah, facing murder and extortion charges in the fake
encounter case, was arrested yesterday and was sent to
judicial custody till August 7 by special CBI magistrate A Y
According to the application filed in the CBI court
here, the central agency wanted to interrogated Shah inside the
jail premises itself.
46-year-old Shah, who resigned from the Modi
government on Saturday after being chargesheeted by the CBI in
the case, has denied all the charges against him.
The chargesheet has named Shah as a key accused along
with IPS officers-D G Vanzara, Rajkumar Pandian, M N Dinesh
and Abhay Chudasama. In all, 15 accused have been named.
According to the chargesheet, it was Shah who had
entrusted the task of eliminating Sheikh, an alleged gangster,
to Vanzara, Pandian and Chudasama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy