Amit Shah returns to Gujarat
Rajkot/Ahmedabad: A day after the Supreme Court allowed him to enter Gujarat after a gap of two years, former Minister and Narendra Modi aide Amit Shah, who is an accused in Soharabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case, on Friday visited Somnath temple amid a warm reception by BJP.
After visiting the temple, Shah came to his residence in Ahmedabad, where he was welcomed by BJP workers.
Shah, who was arrested in July in 2010 and was granted bail by Gujarat High Court in October that year, arrived at Diu airport from Delhi from where he went straight to Somnath temple and offered prayers with his wife and son.
Later talking to reporters at Somnath temple, Shah, a close aide of chief minister Narendra Modi, alleged that the CBI probe against him was a handiwork of Congress.
He said he prayed for BJP`s victory in the coming assembly polls. Shah was given a warm welcome by Junagadh BJP workers in Somnath.
Later in the evening, Shah arrived in Ahmedabad, where he was given a warm reception by the BJP in the presence of the state leaders.
"The way in which central government institutions are being misused in democracy, the only answer we can give to Congress is to work hard to win the coming state elections with massive majority," Shah said addressing party workers outside his residence.
"The state elections will decide the road to the 2014 national elections and the entire country is keenly watching the (state) elections," Shah said.
Supreme Court had yesterday rejected CBI plea to cancel Shah`s bail and also granted him permission to enter his home state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'