Amit Shah returns to Gujarat
Rajkot/Ahmedabad: A day after the Supreme Court allowed him to enter Gujarat after a gap of two years, former Minister and Narendra Modi aide Amit Shah, who is an accused in Soharabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case, on Friday visited Somnath temple amid a warm reception by BJP.
After visiting the temple, Shah came to his residence in Ahmedabad, where he was welcomed by BJP workers.
Shah, who was arrested in July in 2010 and was granted bail by Gujarat High Court in October that year, arrived at Diu airport from Delhi from where he went straight to Somnath temple and offered prayers with his wife and son.
Later talking to reporters at Somnath temple, Shah, a close aide of chief minister Narendra Modi, alleged that the CBI probe against him was a handiwork of Congress.
He said he prayed for BJP`s victory in the coming assembly polls. Shah was given a warm welcome by Junagadh BJP workers in Somnath.
Later in the evening, Shah arrived in Ahmedabad, where he was given a warm reception by the BJP in the presence of the state leaders.
"The way in which central government institutions are being misused in democracy, the only answer we can give to Congress is to work hard to win the coming state elections with massive majority," Shah said addressing party workers outside his residence.
"The state elections will decide the road to the 2014 national elections and the entire country is keenly watching the (state) elections," Shah said.
Supreme Court had yesterday rejected CBI plea to cancel Shah`s bail and also granted him permission to enter his home state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days