Amit Shah returns to Gujarat
Rajkot/Ahmedabad: A day after the Supreme Court allowed him to enter Gujarat after a gap of two years, former Minister and Narendra Modi aide Amit Shah, who is an accused in Soharabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case, on Friday visited Somnath temple amid a warm reception by BJP.
After visiting the temple, Shah came to his residence in Ahmedabad, where he was welcomed by BJP workers.
Shah, who was arrested in July in 2010 and was granted bail by Gujarat High Court in October that year, arrived at Diu airport from Delhi from where he went straight to Somnath temple and offered prayers with his wife and son.
Later talking to reporters at Somnath temple, Shah, a close aide of chief minister Narendra Modi, alleged that the CBI probe against him was a handiwork of Congress.
He said he prayed for BJP`s victory in the coming assembly polls. Shah was given a warm welcome by Junagadh BJP workers in Somnath.
Later in the evening, Shah arrived in Ahmedabad, where he was given a warm reception by the BJP in the presence of the state leaders.
"The way in which central government institutions are being misused in democracy, the only answer we can give to Congress is to work hard to win the coming state elections with massive majority," Shah said addressing party workers outside his residence.
"The state elections will decide the road to the 2014 national elections and the entire country is keenly watching the (state) elections," Shah said.
Supreme Court had yesterday rejected CBI plea to cancel Shah`s bail and also granted him permission to enter his home state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi